NINE

!! arlecchino is so hot i'm dying over here. this is the date chapter, so it's much longer! also second pov :)

Ei was more than suspicious about you and Miko, but everytime she tried to ask, the pink haired girl was quick to shut her down with a tut and a swift shake of her head. Ei, through a pout, drove the two of you to the mall like she'd been asked. And before you got out, she glared back at you. "I would like a talk with you when you're done the 'date'."

You smiled nervously and Miko rolled her eyes. "Stop badgering the poor thing," She grabbed your arm and helped you out of the back seat. "Come on now, we haven't got all day."

You mumbled an apology and clambered out of the car, Sara pulls the door shut and after a few seconds her and Ei drive away. "That was terrifying," You breathe. "I thought she was going to electrocute me."

"Only if you're into that," Miko winked, you frowned at the heat rising to your cheeks. She gently interlaced your hands, "Time for our date."

"Yeah," You breathe shakily. "Where do you want to go first?"

Miko's eyes flashed. "How about the movies?" She looks off toward the connected theater and gestured her head. "I heard there was a new horror movie playing. Should be a screening here soon."

"Alright. Do you want popcorn?" You question as the two of you begin to walk toward the theater. Miko hums and nods, crossing her arms lightly. You take this as an opportunity to gaze at her outfit: you didn't notice before but she's clad in a long sleeved black turtle neck, with high waisted jeans that sucked in her waist. If you weren't already red faced by her earlier comment, you definitely were now.

Miko turned to look at you, her smile sliding into a smirk easily. "Do I look that good?" She caught the embarrassment of being caught in your gaze before you quickly snapped your face away, and laughed. "I'm messing with you darling, calm down."

You bit your lip. "Be quiet-"

"Aw but you didn't answer my question~"

"Yeah and i'm not going to."

Miko pouts, "You're so mean to me," She shook her head and looked away from you dramatically, enough to make you groan.

"Oh my- yes, Miko. You look good. Happy?"

She turns to look at you and nods, her pout having ben immediately replaced by a wide grin. "It's so easy to mess with you," Miko laughs, as you come to a stop. She strikes up a conversation with the worker infront of the both of you, while you glare at the floor. "Yes, and can we have popcorn too? Large. Babe what do you want?"

"Just a drink is fine, we can share the popcorn."

Miko smiles. "Of course," She hums and slides over money to the worker. "You're good at this date thing."

"How exactly?" You murmured, reaching up with your freehand to move hair out of your face. You frown. "I could have paid."

Miko chuckles and accepts the tickets and large popcorn from the worker, and you receive a cup to go and fill. "That's how," Miko nods, squeezing your hand. "I'll wait for you outside the room, okay? Don't stray too far now."

You nod, confused over her previous comment. Gently you unclasp your hands, a gentle yearning to relace them following quickly, but you ignore it.

________

You and Miko both take your seats in the back of the theater, the large bucket of popcorn rests on Miko's lap, and your drink sits in the cup holder to the side where Miko isn't. There's hardly anyone in the theater, a few adults below you by a couple of rows. Miko tilts her head, but you speak before she can. "Do you like horror movies?"