1: Dada's First Trial

It was the day of Phoenix Wright's first trial since receiving his defense attorney's badge and he was in a bit of a pickle...he couldn't find a babysitter for his three-year-old daughter. So, he had no choice but to bring her with him to the courthouse.

"Is Auntie Mia gonna be there?" Daisy asked as Phoenix buckled her into her car seat.

"Yep. And you're gonna meet Daddy's old friend, Larry, today." Phoenix replied handing Daisy her stuffed fox.

"You'll like him, he's very nice." he added pressing a kiss to his daughter's forehead.

When he got to the courthouse, he met with his mentor, Mia Fey, in the defense lobby.

"Phoenix, you're running late...and did you seriously bring Daisy to a murder trial?!" Mia scolded.

"I couldn't find a babysitter, and you know I can't afford daycare." Phoenix chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Then tell me again why you're taking this case pro bono?" Mia replied, raising an eyebrow and crossing her arms over her chest.

"Larry's an old friend, I owe him one." Phoenix shrugged.

Mia rolls her eyes, smiling humorously, then crouches in front of Daisy.

"Hey, there, sweetie. I bet you're excited to be at work with your daddy, huh?" Mia said sweetly.

"Mhm. And getting to see you too is the best." Daisy nodded, grinning widely.

"Awwww." Mia cooed, hugging the three-year-old and picking her up to place her on her hip.

They enter the courtroom and stand behind the defense bench, Daisy sitting on top of it because she was too little to see over it. Across the room, Prosecutor Payne stands behind the prosecutor's bench, then scoffs smugly at seeing a toddler amongst the defense team. Then the judge enters and takes his seat.

"Dada." Daisy said, tugging on her father's sleeve to get his attention.

"Yes, flower?" Phoenix said, leaning towards the girl.

"He looks like Santa." Daisy whispered into his ear, cupping her hands over her mouth.

Mia stifles a laugh, placing a hand over her mouth, having overheard what Daisy said about the judge.

"Are the prosecution and defense ready?" the judge asked.

"The prosecution is ready, your honor." Payne said, straightening his tie.

"As is the defense, your honor." Phoenix declared confidently.

"Mr. Wright?" the judge said with a quizzical look on his face.

"Y-yes, your honor, sir?" Phoenix asked confused.

"...Why do you have a toddler with you?" the judge asked him.

"Ummm....because good daycare is expensive." Phoenix stammered, losing some of the confidence he had a second ago.

"Oh? Is it really that expensive nowadays?" the judge replied curiously.

"Sorry to interrupt this riveting conversation about childcare expenses, but I think we should get this trial going." Mia said politely.

"Yes, you're right, Ms. Fey. Bailiffs, bring in the defendant!" the judge agreed.

When Larry Butz was brought in, he immediately starts hollering and begging for Phoenix to save his skin.

"Hey, wait, who's the little girl?" Larry asked, his tone suddenly calmer, pointing at Daisy.