Wake Up!

A thick layer of dread blanketed everything. The Tribunal had fallen into silence. Despite the victory on Manadlore, there was no celebration of success. There was no chatter between brothers, or excitement about returning to Coruscant, not even the droids aboard dared make a sound. Instead, there was only the foreboding sense of doom.

Ahsoka had returned to the bridge with Rex. Both watched as the cruiser launched into Hyperspace, as the many colors settled into the swirling of blue and white. A heavy conversation between friends taking place, both agreeing the only good to come from the war was the clones, the loyal soldiers of the republic, and friends. The two shared a moment of kindness as if both could sense the war reaching its conclusion. As if both could feel the impending devastation.

At the same time (Y/N) walked silently with Jesse through the many halls. The loyal Arc Trooper had become determined to distract her, attempting to ease the feeling of failure she felt, over the deaths of so many troopers. Despite her best efforts, she hadn't been able to save them all, least of all the ones caught by Maul. After some time the durasteel walls had all begun to blend together, to the point (Y/N) believed the two were walking in circles. Every now and again, she would look over to her companion. Sometimes Jesse would already be looking back at her, offering her a cheeky wink. Other times he was staring ahead, his honey eyes not focusing on anything in particular, as his mind becomes lost in thought.

"Something wrong?" asked (Y/N), taking hold of Jesse's hand in a gentle grip, if only to guide him back to the present. For a few short seconds, Jesse looked at the civvi medic before him with confusion. A shadow of a grin appeared on his lips as he looked down at their hands, linked together. Taking notice of how small her hand was in his, and how soft it was compared to his own rough one.

"The nightmares" whispered Jesse, as if his words were a secret only meant for her to hear. "Ever since I was captured by Maul, it's felt like my nightmares are gaining more power, it's like unexplainable anxiety has gotten ahold of me but I can't shake it away. Every time I think I've gotten away from it, it takes hold again" quietly voiced Jesse, his honey eyes shimmering with hope she'd understand the fear, and hope she wouldn't think any less of him.

He'd been about to say something else when his attention turned to the static voice emanating from his helmet, his golden eyes glimmering with almost fear. Slowly Jesse lifted his helmet to put it on, his features appearing more serious as he did so, although he never spoke a single word. Instead, his body language changed the moment the words truly reached him, where he'd once been partially relaxed, he was now stiff, almost robotic, and cold. Even with his helmet hiding his face, (Y/N) knew something was different, she could tell the warm glow his eyes had, had been distinguished.

"Get to a shuttle, and leave" ordered Jesse, with staggered breaths, as if he was fighting against something. His voice was hard, cold but also laced with pain. For a moment he held a hand to the left side of his helmet, hovering over the temple as if he was nursing a sudden and serve headache. Then without another word, he ran off toward the bridge, leaving (Y/N) both confused and concerned. Even more so when the sound of blaster fire rang out from the direction Jesse had run off to. At first (Y/N) had convinced herself Maul had escaped, but soon realized otherwise upon a trooper running past her muttering about the traitor Ahsoka Tano.

"Trip" called (Y/N), catching the attention of the passing trooper, his helmet decorated in honor of Ahsoka. Trip stood before her as if she was his commanding general, although he didn't speak a word, instead waiting for her to regain the confidence to ask her obvious question. "What's going on?" squeaked the Civvi medic, as her attention fleetingly turned to the passing troopers, all of them seemed on a mission of some kind, determined to see their given task through to the end.