A Chance Meeting

"Amy?" 

She'd know that voice anywhere, but lost as she was in the abyss of dancing bodies and pounding music from the DJ to her right, she couldn't find the face she was scanning for. Damn this club is loud. She hadn't heard that name since high school. In her drunken daze, she walks over to a table a bit farther from the music, hoping he follows. 

"Long time no see, but still as beautiful as ever." 

Amy turned to her left and stood face to face her high school sweetheart. She gazed at the bright blue eyes she had been addicted to, memorized, all those years ago. 

"Funny seeing you here, thought they already took out the trash tonight."

 They laugh together and share a semi-awkward hug that lasted just a bit too long for her liking. 

She was confident as ever in her low cut black crop top, laced up the front, charcoal grey ripped skinny jeans, black platform army boots, and her assortment of snake-themed jewelry. He had definitely grown up, but his style was the same: he wore a Dino t-shirt, hunter green flannel, and loose blue jeans cut just right to show off everything. Stop thinking like that you literally just said hi. The two talk for a bit, catching up on lost time, and she could already feel the old spark reigniting. 

They exchange numbers, and he quickly adds, 

"yknow, it might be nice to hang out again, for old times sake?" 

She tried to seem unfazed. 

"I mean, sounds good to me, don't have the parents around to ground me anymore when I sneak out." 

She giggles and mentally curses herself for it, but his eyes lit up when he heard it, and for a moment they were freshmen again, flirting in the halls between classes.

 "You're drunk, let's get you home." 

She realizes just then that the butterflies had become ravenous, and she was gonna be sick.

 "Im so sorry-" she blurts and sprints outside holding her stomach and mouth. Once there is no more of her dinner, chicken wings, left in her stomach, she stands up and turns to get herself clean. She almost runs straight into him on her way back in and notices he's holding paper towels and a bottle of water. 

"You know that bouncer won't let us back in, so let's get you cleaned up and get you home, because in no way am I leaving without knowing you're safe in bed first."

He drives her home, walks her in the house, and that's all she remembers...