Chapter 7

Mitch's hand slipped out of mine once we got a few steps into the forest, heading for the small group of teens sitting around a fire. How did they even get that there? More importantly, how have the camp directors never found out this was happening every year.

The group made room for us in the circle and we sat down next to each other. I was nervous as all hell but Mitch didn't seem phased at all. I didn't really see any emotion in his face at all which confused me. What is he thinking right now?

"Okay guys listen up. We are gonna play two rounds as always, and NO ONE tells anyone else about this. We don't want the camp directors to find out about this." A boy said in a hushed voice as he was standing in the center of the circle. He set the bottle down and continued. "Remember. No chickening out. You have to kiss whoever the bottle lands on, even if it's someone of the same sex." He smirked. "I'll go first as always."

He sat in his place and spun the bottle. It landed on the girl sitting directly next to me on. That's about when I realized that I don't just have to worry about who the bottle lands on when I spin it, but I also have to worry about the bottle possibly landing on me.

The boy and girl kissed quickly in the middle of the circle and sat back down. The girl was blushing a lot and the boy had a sly smile on his face. Boys like that disgust me honestly. That was probably her first kiss too.

We went clockwise around the circle and so far the bottle hasn't landed on me yet. Just as I was thinking that, the bottle came very close to landed on me, but I sighed with relief as it landed on my left. Wait. Mitch was on my left. Who does he have to kiss? Please be a girl please be a girl...

It wasn't a girl. In fact it was easily the hottest guy here, next to Mitch of course. I started to feel sick as the boy crawled toward Mitch a bit. Mitch had an innocent smile on his face and the boy was blushing nonstop.

"I- I'm not gay okay. I'm only doing this because I'm not a pussy." The boy said out loud to everyone. They all laughed and hollered as Mitch started to lean in.

It suddenly dawned on me that I was about to watch Mitch kiss another person. A very attractive, other person. I wanted to run but I couldn't pull my eyes off the two. Their lips touched and I felt as if my heart shattered into a billion pieces. I want to throw up.

Their kiss lingered for a few seconds longer than it needed to and everyone made various 'ooohhh' sounds. If that boy wasn't gay before, he definitely was now.

 Mitch was the one to pull away from the boy as he shyly looked down and crawled back into his place next to me. The boy was still blushing as he coughed a few times and also sat in his place. I could feel his eyes on Mitch but Mitch acted like he didn't know the boy was even there.

"He's pretty cute but he tastes like cigarette smoke and also he's way too in the closet for me." Mitch whispered behind his hand. I smiled at that, knowing he didn't enjoy the kiss very much.

Soon enough, it got to my turn which I was dreading. I shakily placed my hand on the bottle as I turned it quickly with my wrist. I followed it with my eyes, praying for it to land on Mitch. I could feel him staring at the bottle intensely with me as it began to slow down.

Maybe he's hoping it will land on him too I thought. Probably not.

It came to a stop and I looked across from me. It definitely was NOT Mitch. The girl had long brown hair which she pushed from her face, showing her intense blush when she saw who the bottle landed on. We made eye contact and I gave her a quick smile, not wanting her to feel awkward about what we were being pressured to do at this moment.