𝟎𝟎𝟒.

Amilyn and Avara, mostly Amilyn, watched as Princess Leia hopped off the ride she was on to enter the base. As she hugged Commander Vanden Willard, Amilyn couldn't help but notice who accompanied her. A Wookie, a tall brunette man, and a young man with sandy hair who seemed to be around the same age as her.

"You're staring," Avara's soft and distracted voice startled Amilyn out of her trance.

Amilyn quickly defended herself, "I'm not staring I'm just glancing to see who came into the base."

Amilyn mentality cursed with her weak excuse. If she was being honest, she was staring but she would never actually admit it.

After a moment of silence from both girls Amilyn spoke up, "Do you think they're willing to join the rebellion? I mean why else did they come inside the base with the princess?"

"I think you're reaching, Ami. They'll probably just drop her off and leave. Y'know make sure she gets in safely." Avara shook off Amilyn's assumption.

Unlike Avara, Amilyn always saw the bright side of things. She thought having new people join the rebellion would help a lot. Avara was more realistic. She knew the potential risks associated with bringing in new people. However, she also understood that it was necessary to increase their chances of success against the Empire, but she didn't want to rain on Amilyn's parade. She decided to give her the benefit of the doubt and hope she was right. "Well Ami, we'll see soon enough," she said with a small smile. 

"The battle station is heavily shielded and carries a firepower greater than half the starfleet." An image of what Amilyn assumed was the Death Star blew up. She didn't have to be at this meeting. Avara wanted to attend for some odd reason. They weren't even pilots they had no good reason to watch.
"It's defenses are designed around a direct large-scale assault..." As Amilyn looked around the room she spotted Leia, the men who had saved her, and the giant wookie. Obviously Leia had to be there but what were the others doing there? Avara nudged her in the arm so she paid attention. She rolled her eyes and watched.

"...Empire doesn't consider a small, one-man fighter to be any threat or they'd have a tighter defense." He must have answered a question Amilyn didn't hear.

"An analysis of the plans provided by Princess Leia has demonstrated a weakness in the battle station. The approach will not be easy. You're required to maneuver straight down this trench and skim the surface to this point. The target area is only two meters wide." Some pilots glanced at each other when they heard how wide the target area was.

"It's a small thermal exhaust port right below the main port." That's when everyone started looking at each other. "The shaft leads directly to the reactor system. A precise hit will start a chain reaction which should destroy the station. Only a precise hit will set up a chain reaction. The shaft is ray-shielded, so you'll have to use proton torpedoes."

A pilot next to the young man with sandy blonde hair spoke up, "That's impossible, even for a computer."

The blonde quickly replied before anyone else could, "But it's not impossible. I used to bull's-eye womp rats in my T-16 back at home. They're not much bigger than two meters."

The meeting must have been over because it ended with, "Then man your ships, and
may the force be with you."

"Princess Leia!" Amilyn hurried up to speak with Leia. She had been so worried about the princess when she got captured and when she arrived back they didn't get the chance to talk.

The princess turned to face her friend. "Oh Amilyn, it's a pleasure to see you." She softly smiled at the red head.

"It's a pleasure to see you too. I'm glad to hear you're safe and I want to apologize for Alderaan. I can't imagine how you could be feeling." 

Leia sighed, "Something's always happen for a reason. I heard your parents were also on Alderaan. I'm sorry, I know they thought it was safe-"

Amilyn quickly cut her off, "Leia, Alderaan was perfectly safe. The Empire is to blame for the mess."

Leia saw a man approaching her. Amilyn watched as Leia walked up to him. She noticed it was the young man who helped save Leia.

"What's wrong?" Leia asked with deep concern.

"Oh, it's Han." He sounded upset.

Amilyn slightly frowned at the name. Was Han the other man who saved Leia?

The young man continued, "I don't know. I really thought he'd change his mind."

Leia shook her head. "He's got to follow his own path. No one can choose it for him."

"I only wish Ben was here."

Leia gave him a sorrowful look and reached up to give him a small kiss on the cheek. Boy did he look mesmerized. Amilyn chuckled quietly to herself. She gave the young man a small glance but saw as Leia walked away. She followed her.

"If you don't mind me asking, who was that?" Amilyn questioned as she caught up with Leia.

"Oh, that was just Luke. He helped Han and Chewbacca rescue me. He lived on Tatoonie like Ben Kenobi did." Leia casually replied to Amilyn.

Amilyn was still thinking while she and Leia walked into the war room. Amilyn looked over at a focused Leia and turned to leave.

"Amilyn I want you to stay." The sound of Leia's voice surprised Amilyn. She turned back around and stood next to Leia.

Authors note, It's been awhile since I last posted and I wanted to apologize for the long wait. I'm done with school and I recently came back from vacation so I hope to update both my books more often. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and please feel free to correct me with any mistakes I may have made! -bri 💗