eleven

I sat there, trying to be as quiet as possible, just praying I don't get caught by the emotionless man.

He still hadn't noticed me but I spoke to soon. He was looking around, I'm assuming somewhere to stop with this lovely looking brunette haired girl that was eager to devour his face by the looks of it

His face dropped when he looked at me, not saying he was smiling but his eyebrows furrowed even deeper. Which I didn't think was possible but here we are

I roll my eyes.

"Do you mind?" He questions shrugging his shoulder. As if I intruded on his space. I don't know why but I might of thought he was going to ask if I'm okay since he saw me running out of the facilities crying, I'm so naive. Of course he doesn't care.

"I was here first. Do you mind?" I question him back, folding my arms.

The boy huffs and rolls his eyes at the same time, "not at all" he spoke and he took one final glare at me before turning his head towards the girl he came with, and he lifted his hand to her cheek and started to make out with her.

That's it, I'm done. I don't want to sit here and listen to their mouths touching. Especially his.

I get up dramatically in hopes he felt bad but he was too invested in this girls mouth to care, as I was about to start walking away he stops kissing the girl but his face was still inches from hers,

"The door is on the other side of the building" he spoke sarcastically and a sly smile on his face as if I was only out here because I couldn't find the fricken door and not because I don't have fingerprints to open the door anyway, but he doesn't know that does he.

Still,
What an asshole.

I walk past "prick" I whisper.

He just had to put the cherry on top to a shit day. I roll my eyes in frustration and head towards the door of the common room, in hopes that Tilly was around.

And thank god for that, because I spotted Tilly strolling by herself after her training session. I think she might of been looking for me.

Her eyes brighten as she sees me walking towards her,

"Oh my gosh hi, are you okay? I sort of noticed what happened earlier" she said quietly, understanding it's probably not something I want to talk about.

I look down as I reach her and we started walking in the same direction to the common room.

"Oh yeah I'm fine" I say cutting it short in hopes she gets the hint, what else am I supposed to say? I don't want people thinking I'm even more weak then I already look.

Tilly looks at me but smiles gently,
"It's okay, we don't have to talk about it if you don't want to. I've had plenty of days like them myself" she says trying to lighten things up with me.

I am lucky to have someone like Tilly.

We reach the door and Tilly puts her finger prints on the scanner and the door clicks open. I take a deep breath as I step inside behind Tilly. I didn't even try to hide, I knew the stares I was going to receive.

And I was right.

It was busy in the common room and I'd say just about 98% of the people in there were looking at me, some looks were confused, some were mad and some looked sad as well. I tried my best to ignore and followed Tilly to the kitchen.

I could smell all these new flavours from whatever the group was cooking up, it smelt amazing. I suppose that's one thing I'm really excited for, all the new food I get to try. It's crazy how something so simple can be so exciting to someone with the past like I have.

Adira was by the frying pan, Flynn and Frankie were leaning on the tabletop eating chips, Axel was sitting down cleaning some of his little cuts he got from training and Henry was talking to some other girl in the corner, completely oblivious to Tilly and I.

"Hey I'm just going to head to bed, been a big day" I say as her and I both stop in front of our group, trying to get out of the awkward conversation that was bound to happen if I stayed any longer.

I notice Flynn was there, he was looking at me but I couldn't figure out what emotion he had on his face but as he noticed I was looking at him he shook his head lightly and got himself out of his trance and smiled gently,

"Of course, we will see you tomorrow! It's an optional off day so we're all going to go to the lake" Tilly says casually, I look at her puzzled, the lake?

She instantly realises I don't know what she's talking about,
"My bad, I forget your new some times" she chuckles, "you're coming of course, you have the see the lake. The colour of the water is so clear"

I nod my head, "yeah sure" I say not knowing what else to do with my day.

"Lovely!" She smiled

"Oh yeah Mr Whitlock said he wants to see you bright and early tomorrow morning" Frankie blurted out while chucking another potato chip in her mouth, she clearly didn't think much of it, but I know exactly what he wants to see me for.

"You go see him early tomorrow morning and then after we can head to the lake, we'll wait for you" Tilly mentioned,

I nod my head awkwardly, "see everyone tomorrow" I say while heading upstairs, they all wave and say 'night'

——-

A/N

hi cuties xx
Hope your enjoying the story!

I've got a fun question for you all:
What do you think Octavia Pierce looks like? (Describe her in any way you want, I think it's really interesting to hear your thoughts xx)

Already started writing the next chapter! Got some exciting things planned 💛 thanks for sticking by this book!

Lots of love,
A