CHAPTER 9

[IM DONE WITH WARNINGS, YOU SHOULD KNOW BY NOW]

LILY POV

                I woke up the next morning still confused. We got a new captive last night. She reminded me of Carly. She didn’t talk much. Her name was Pagan and she had a tattoo on her hip, dark hair and makeup, and her lip pierced. Well, it was pierced. Harry ripped it out first thing last night after she tried to get away. She was asleep next to Brian. Kristal was asleep, Joella was just waking up, and Poppy was staring at the wall. I don’t think she sleeps anymore.

                I turned to Joella, her fear apparent on her face. “I’m so scared, Lily. I can’t even feel safe in my own mind.”

                I nodded. “This is all so overwhelming.” I choked, and started to sob. My emotions were taking over, and I slammed my back against the wall. “I can’t fucking take this” I screamed. Joella looked at me, her eyes wide. Kristal, Brian and Pagan woke up from my outburst.

                “The fuck do you think you’re doing?” Joella muttered. I hung my head and continued to sob. “They probably heard you. They’ll be here any second now.” She whispered. I was scared, she was mad. I haven’t seen her mad this whole time. This made me cry harder.

                “I-I’m sorry. I can’t do this. I’d r-rather them kill me now.” I choked. Joella growled.

                “No. you’re my friend now and I’m getting you out of here.” Poppy laughed.

                “You really are fucking stupid” Poppy laughed harder. Joella scowled and kicked her hard in the shin.

                “I’m getting real tired of your bullshit Poppy. I hope they kill you next” Joella growled at her. Poppy laughed, earning another hard kick from Joella.

                “Stop.” Brian muttered, “Poppy you need to stop being such a bitch.”

                “You guys need to stop being ignorant.” She spat back.

                “Sorry for actually wanting to live.”

                Something inside of her must have cracked, because she tried to lunge at him. She was restrained by the cuffs, and fell back against the wall. She struggled some more, pulling hard on the cuffs. Kristal swung a leg across Poppy’s torso, restraining her a little.

                “You don’t fucking know me. Don’t fucking say I don’t want to live.” She screamed, continuing her struggle. Brian stayed calm throughout this whole ordeal.

                “What makes you think you can act the way you do, then tell me you don’t want to die?”

                “I don’t want to die, but I’ve accepted that I’m going to.” She whispered. Brian glared and opened his mouth to say something. His expression softened, and he closed his mouth. He shifted positions, turning his body away from her.

                Poppy was calm now so Kristal moved her leg back in front of her. Poppy slumped against the wall, and closed her eyes. Joella turned to me and gave me a worried look. I sighed, and turned away. I stared at the door just as it burst open.

                Zayn stood there, concentration etched in his features. He held a stack of clothes. He commanded the cuffs up, and stood in front of me. Suddenly everything came back. Zayn’s explanation, his promise to Joella, and his plan to break out of here. He sent out another field, the blue light filling the room, then exiting it. He took out a key, and unlocked my cuffs. My arms fell limply to my sides. I sat down and tried to get the circulation back in my arms. He did the same for everyone else.