5.

Or what if Nene ends up being Kohane's girlfriend

The next day, everything went perfectly. Everyone woke up before 8 AM so they would have more time to get ready for exploring. Nene and Akito were storing some things in their inventory, while Toya and Kohane looked around the area to see if there weren't any players. When they came back, Aoyagi decided to change Akito's bandage.

When he was taking it off, all of them noticed that Akito's hand was.. Completely fine?

That didn't make any sense. But I guess that at least now they know how the bandages work in this game.

The blue haired boy just stood there, looking at Akito's hand in disbelief. It wasn't logical for it to just be.. Alright. Everything in this game was weird.

Well, soon enough the group started walking towards the second section. Everything was going smoothly, no one attacked them on their way there, all of them were alright. Yet, something was wrong. Everything was just so.. Quiet. Of course, normally it would be a good sign. But in a game like this, it was just.. Suspicious. Not only the fact that the smoke that was normally coming from the buildings was gone, but also no players around.

Akito and Toya started to suspect something. The players couldn't just.. Disappear like that. It wasn't normal. It wasn't normal for people to just vanish, especially in a world like this.

"Hey, I may sound weird but.. There aren't any players. That's suspicious. Are you sure that we didn't teleport anywhere, Nene?"

Toya asked, not letting his guard down.

"Yeah, I think so too. This ain't normal!"

Akito paused, looking around. He then looked up, and froze in one place.

Up there, in the sky, was a huge.. Plane?

A plane-like thing, it had green flickering light that was getting closer to them.

"Hey guys? We might need to hide somewhere"

The boy looked around and then at the rest of the group. All of them looked up and then at the green light on the ground, clearly confused and surprised.

"There's a building over there!"

Kohane pointed at a building. They all started walking there and tried to hide somewhere. The light was closer and closer. Some people.. No, not people.. Some creatures without faces started appearing in the light, walking towards them. Nene, Kohane and Toya quickly started walking towards the building, while Akito walked behind them, his gun ready to shoot. Nene and Kohane hid somewhere in a small room, Toya wanted to do the same but suddenly he saw Akito fall to the ground. The faceless creatures turned to him and started running towards him.

Toya helped Akito stand up and ran inside the building with him, pushing the boy inside a wardrobe, hiding in it too and closing the door. He signaled that they have to be quiet.

"They are blind"

He whispered.

"But not deaf. When you hear them enter the building, don't move or we might end up dead"

Toya announced, looking more serious than ever.

Akito nodded, surprised by Toya's reaction.

Suddenly, the door opened. The faceless creatures went inside the building.

"They-"

Akito whispered but Toya put a hand on the other boy's mouth, making him shut up. He didn't want to risk getting spotted by the alien looking creatures.

Minutes passed. It felt like the creatures are never going to leave. Toya started to freak out, Akito did too. Yet none of them showed it, as they didn't want the other one to laugh at them. They just looked at each other from time to time with a serious look in their eyes.

The creatures had black bodies and black jackets with neon colours in some places. They were looking funny but scary at the same time.

Well, minutes passed. It felt like eternity. When the creatures finally left, Akito was the first one to leave his hiding spot.

"God, that was a horrible experience"

He announced, stretching.

"Being stuck in a wardrobe with me or hiding from the creatures?"

Toya asked, curious.

"Both"

Akito said playfully, chuckling and smiling.

Toya looked at him, slightly confused.

"Was that a joke or-"

"Of course it was a joke.. But being stuck in a wardrobe with you sure was a horrible experience.

Yes, that was a joke too"

Akito laughed.

Nene and Kohane left the room, running towards Toya and Akito.

"What the hell was that?!"

Nene asked with a mix of confusion, concern and fear on her face.

"I don't know, maybe these were the non-player creatures that are wandering around the world, making the game harder?"

Kohane suggested.

"Yeah, makes sense"

Akito shrugged and looked at Toya.

"Next time you don't have to keep a hand on my mouth for the whole time only to make me shut up, you know?"

He added jokingly yet he sounded serious for some reason.

"Hey, it worked alright? It made you shut up"

Toya smiled and chuckled. For the first time, he felt comfortable enough to show more emotions around the group.

Nene noticed that and smiled too. She was happy to see Toya finally getting comfortable around others.

"I'm glad to see you getting comfortable around everyone, Toya"

Nene whispered to the boy. Toya nudged her lightly and smiled softly.

"Are we going to stay here or check if we can start walking towards the other section again?"

Kohane said and smiled too, looking at Akito. She noticed that Akito was looking at Toya, the corners of his lips curving into a small smile as he looked at the boy.

"Let's go. We have to keep walking. So, do you want to waste even more time talking here or do you want to finish the game as fast as possible?"

Toya said and chuckled, still smiling.

Soon, all of them left the building and continued their journey.

I'm asking for ideas again.
Yet, I have more ideas now. And I might even rewrite the other chapters one day.