- Chapter 24 -

"Why are you both silent? Reply to me," Jungkook urged. Taehyung and Namjoon stole a glance at each other. The dark-brown-eyed man jiggled his head at Taehyung, silently notifying him not to reveal anything. He then parted his lips in anticipation of uttering a response when a voice was heard.

"Why are you taking so long, handsome ajus-" Yoojung halted, her pupils dilated as she saw her mother. She swallowed. Jungkook glanced down at her and grimaced. The blond pulled his daughter by her wrist.

"Did you forget what Mama told you, huh?" he asked, frowning hard while he was feeling tense inwardly. Yoojung shook her head. "Then, why didn't you obey me? What are you doing here? You never listen to me, huh? Let's go." He tugged at her hand and turned around but she didn't budge from her spot.

"M-mama, please," Yoojung uttered, her eyes turning glossy. Jungkook peered down at her in horror.

What made her so attached to Taehyung that she was ready to cry for him?

It wasn't good. It wasn't. Not at all.

The blond lowered himself to her height and placed his palms on the little girl's cheeks. He glanced up at Taehyung who seemed awkward and also slightly irritated by Jungkook's behavior with Yoojung. Meanwhile, Namjoon was baffled. He didn't have any idea of what was going on.

"Yoo, do you remember what I told you?" Yoojung nodded, lips wobbly. "I'm doing all this for you," the blond whispered.

"B-but, I like h-him," Yoojung quavered. Jungkook let out an exasperated sigh. No matter what he'd say further, his daughter wasn't going to get his point.

"Fine. But, let's go for now, at least?"

Yoojung wagged her head in disapproval. "Can I stay for some time more? We're watching Iron Man together. Please."

The blond parted his lips as if to speak but Taehyung beat him on that. "Jungkook, you're being ridiculous now. I get it that you don't want her near me but I really don't understand your reasons. Your reasons are invalid in this situation. She's just a child. As a parent, shouldn't you at least try to make her happy? If staying here, near me makes her happy, why are you getting so worked up about that? The things happened between us. I don't have any connections with her. Just let her be, please."

The frown on Jungkook's forehead disappeared. He stood up and stared at Taehyung who seemed annoyed. "Yoo, you can go inside," he told. The kid's face beamed. Thanking Jungkook, she ran inside Taehyung's apartment.

The blond then stepped closer to Taehyung whose forehead creased in confusion. "You are always so oblivious, Taehyung."

Namjoon's eyes widened upon hearing the name from Jungkook's mouth. So he's Taehyung?

"Back then, you didn't know about my feelings and now, you're once again missing out something. Better don't meddle in my business if you don't know what's going on." The blond then stepped away and veered around to walk away when Taehyung spoke, causing him to halt.

"I don't know what you meant by your last statement. But, is it my fault that I didn't fall in love with you?"

Jungkook rubbed his forehead in frustration and then faced the latter. "It's not nor am I blaming you. Stop taking words in the wrong way."

"But, the way you're treating me and telling your daughter to stay away from me, doesn't it feel like everything was my fault?"

I just don't want to lose my daughter! The loudest voice in Jungkook's head hollered. But, his mouth couldn't utter it.

The blond bit his inner lips and then quivered his head unhurriedly. "No," he whispered.

Taehyung let out a bitter chuckle and tilted his head to the side. "Then why am I being treated this way, Jungkook? I never knew about your feelings. You didn't even tell me about it, discuss it with me. But-"