Breakfast, Confrontation And Choices (Edited)

"Talking"
"Thinking"
"Flashback talking."
"Flashback thinking"

Third Person's P.O.V

Walking out of his room and down the stairs with the brothers in tow, Alexander felt this gut-wrenching feeling as they got closer to the kitchen. "Young master!" Alexander heard someone calling. He turns his head slightly to the left to see who it is, and he's not surprised when he sees it's Spencer. "Yeah?" "Are you going to breakfast?" "Yes, we are. Is there a problem with that, Spencer?" "No young master, there is no problem. I was only asking because the staff already had breakfast and your two staff members were not there."Okay. One: they're not staff members. It would be in your best interest to remember that. Two: I know the staff already made and ate breakfast. Three: Since when is where I go, and what do I do with any of your concerns? I'm not my father, and you're not my bodyguard or my help. Keep out of my business." "Yes, young master." "Just get out of my sight, please."Of course, young master."

The three continue their journey to the kitchen with little to no further problems. Once there, Alexander instructs the brothers to take a seat and get comfortable with the island. "What would you like to eat?" Alexander asks, looking in the refrigerator for the ingredients. "You're gonna cook for us?" Merle asks. "Yeah, why? Is there a problem with that?": Alexander asks, closing the fridge, and turning to face the brothers. "No, there's no problem. I'm just surprised, not used to people doing things for us, is all. Sorry if we come off as rude." "No worries, just get used to it, yeah? And stop apologizing for everything." "Okay." "Again what would you like to eat?" "Can we get pancakes?": Daryl asks quietly. "Sure. Is that what you want as well, Merle?" "Yeah, that's cool." "Okay." Alexander starts to take out the ingredients to make the pancakes. "What flavor do you want them? We have strawberries, blueberries, bananas, and chocolate." "You're making them from scratch? That's so cool." "Yeah, I am. It's not really that impressive." "It is. We're used to the already-made batter." "Well, I could teach you some time if you want." "Would you like that, Daryl?" "Yes, thank you. And I would like the strawberry one." "Merle?" "I'll take the strawberry one as well, thanks." While Alexander gets started on the breakfast, the brothers find themselves curious about the young teenager that had now become their guardian of sorts. "Alexander?": Daryl asks quietly. "Yeah?" "How do you know how to cook? I thought it was below alphas to do an omega's work?" "It is said to be below an alpha to do an omega's work, yes, but I wanted to learn so when I was younger, I asked one of the chefs to teach me. I found it fascinating and felt like it was an important skill to know." "Oh." "Why? Did your father not know how to cook?" "No. He said it's not his job since he's an alpha." "I see." "I'm sorry if I made you angry." "Hmm. I'm not angry." "Really?" "Yeah. Do I look angry?" "No not really. But it's hard to tell." "Is that so?" "Yes, right, Merle?" "Yeah. You hide your emotions from your face, and you hide your scent, which is pretty awesome." "I hide my emotions from my face because it makes me less likely to be manipulated, as you can't see how I'm feeling, so you can't nitpick my weaknesses. As for the scent, I did that unconsciously when I started hiding the emotions from my face. I can teach it to you if you'd like." "Really, you'd teach it to us? Thank you." "No problem." As the conversation continued, Alexander found out that the brothers are much more interesting and complicated than at first glance. And he found their interest in him a little amusing, but not in a mocking or taunting way. He also found out that they're both very fond of animals.

"Here. Pancakes and orange juice with fruit slices." Alexander said, putting the food in front of the brothers. "Woah, it looks really good. But when did you finish making it? We were busy talking the whole time." Merle asked. "I finished while we were talking. You two are very easily distracted. Hope you enjoy it.": Alexander replied, amused. "Thank you for the food!": the brothers exclaimed simultaneously. "Where is your food, Alexander?" Daryl asked, confused as Alexander was moving to clean up the mess he made and wash the dishes that were used. "I don't eat in the morning, so don't worry about it." He said, still moving to clean up the kitchen, not facing the brothers. "You should eat. I didn't see you eat dinner last night when we came back." Daryl relented. "I could have had my dinner when you were asleep, you never know." Came Alexander's reply. "Did you have your dinner while we were sleeping?": Daryl asked. "No." "So you should eat." "I didn't make a lot so there's not enough for me to eat." "You can have mine Merle and I will share, right Merle?" "Hmm yeah, we can share." "No don't be ridiculous Merle. Daryl eat your food. I'll be fine, okay?" "But-" "Daryl eat your food." "Okay." "Thank you." "You can have half of my food." "Daryl no-" "I won't eat unless you do too." "You really are an omega, very caring of others no matter what." "Is that bad?" "No, it's good. Alright, how about this? I'll eat one of your pancakes and three pieces of the fruit and drink 1/4 glass of juice and you'll eat and drink the rest, okay?" "Okay."