(Ch5) Waking Up and Choosing Violence

On a stack of solitaire cards, The Collector and Spinel sat, The former sitting crisscross apple sauce trying to cheer up the latter despite not knowing why she was acting this way. The celestial child wondered what happened to her cheerful persona and appearance from before.

"Cmon, you can tell me anything! You, me, and King are best buds!" The Collector told the gem, trying to wear a comforting smile despite losing all those games with King earlier, failing to get much of a response. Spinel was still looking at the spade on the solitaire card looking done with everything.

"Spinel? Spineeeeeeeel?" The Collector whined. They needed her. Spinel was the last real friend they had, and they would do anything to keep it that way.

"Buzz off!"Spinel said angrily, irritated by the Collectors whining. She stretched per arm, pushing the Collector away. "And stop acting like a newly formed gem!" She growled, arms crossed.

Now about 10 feet away from the gem, the Collector paused, something must have happened in that graveyard of a planet, maybe it had to do with that living diamond person thing."What happened in the garden, did that diamond ever come?" They asked.

"It's none of ya business, scram!" Replied the gem.

"Spinel-"

Seeing that the Collector didn't go away, her legs shapeshifted into a cone and she launched herself away, angrily bouncing out of the playroom, entering the halls of the Archives, with her playmate following.

The gem ran cartoonishly, darting through the halls of the archives. When she reached the portiere, she leaping off the entrance, landing right next to the warp pad, glared at the Collector, and warped away, leaving the Collector.

_____________________

Speed walking through the nostalgic palace, everything the exact shade of color she hated the most, she knew where she was going, it's been a while but she was sure she knew this place like the back of her hand. She grumbled under her breath as she quietly walked through the halls.

That Collector really can be clingy...... was that how I would act with pink? Who cares. Ditching that cosmo kid was a good idea, don't wanna have it happening again. And that 'Steven' will get what he deserves. Probably acting all high and mighty with his 'happily ever after', spending time with her other friends. 

They'll pay for what happened... they all will.

she stopped at one of the pink crystalline doors. There was only one weird bi-colored Amethyst just chilling near it, so It seems like it's gonna be easy to get the thing she needed.

Once the amethyst saw her she welcomed her, startling the gem. "Hi, I'm porcelain! You're a spinel, right? Never seen one before. Ive heard that they're really rare! Need anything?"

"Uh...Isn't there supposed to be more of ya?" She asked.

"Yeah, but since Steven enforced freedom yesterday, every gem went on their own path. So now it's just me and two other gems doing shifts, might have to start recruiting ." The amethyst sighed.

"Okay, ...Im just gonna go in here, and get the thing i neeed..." Spinel said slinking into the Armory.

The Amethyst replied with a simple "Sure." And went back to leaning on the wall.

The same color of the rest of this nostalgic palace, the Armory has all kinds of stuff. From the classic destabilizer, shabby knives, and other gem weapons that weren't important to her at the moment, to what she has been looking for, the rejuvenator.

Now all this gem needed to do was land onto Earth, and intrude whatever those Crystalclods would be doing.

Staring at the futuristic scythe in hand, she grew curious.

What would they be doing... What stuff did the do without me...... besides overthrowing the government n' all...

Do they even know about me? Does even Pearl remember me?

She could feel her hands shaking, unconsciously tugging on a pigtail as she clenched the weapon.

Punching her head, she quickly snapped out of it, putting the weapon in her gem and dashing out of the armory to go get the injector, leaving the amethyst guard confused.

Little did she know, she was being watched by two glowing yellow eyes...

_____________________

"We finally got out of that place," King sighed while being carried by harpy Eda, who was following Luz to the entrance of the playroom "I wonder how Spinel and the Collector are doing."

"Who's Spinel?" Luz asked, the three now walking in the celestial halks of the archives.

"A friend the Collector quickly made a recently," King replied "Knowing them they could've invited her to play..." He paused, thinking about it.

"Anyways, I'll go look for the Collector, you guys can look for the puppets." King said, pointing in the direction of said puppets.

"Be careful, kiddo." Eda said, leaving with Luz to go find the puppets.

_____________________

Everything was perfect.

Piece has been established, and after all those years of fixing everyone's problems, and having to deal with all the bad stuff his mom did, the hybrid could finally get his well deserved "Happily Ever After". Its been a day since his message to the universe, and Little Homeworld was 83.7% complete! All he had to do was wait for it to be finished and he would be a teacher there.

In the kitchen the hybrid sat, eating his organic sandwich, nearly choking on it as the sky changed to a menacing muted pink.