Ch. 1

Sitting on one of the couch in the balcony, I look at the night sky over Busan port. I could never understand how crazy a night sky can be. Into the black heavens, upon this clear night, comes the grace of white-gold moon, taking my breath away. In monochrome musings the moon is a deep silver ballerina, turning pirouettes with perfect form.

And in the night sky were stars, as if God had sprinkled them so sugar-sweet upon the most perfect of black birthday cakes or the dusk comes as a promise of starlight, of those brilliant pearls of the nighttime that sit as if cushioned upon pure black velvet.

I sigh my thoughts out slowly. Night thoughts are really something. I rub my arms to warm up my skin which is now cold. I should go inside before my body freezes.

"Life is so unfair sometimes..." I murmured and the whole body of mine shakes because of the sudden change of temperature.

"Unfair? How so?"

I look up and watch Jessi entering in my room. Looking pretty as always. I give her a "You know what I'm talking about" look and stomp ahead towards my fluffy big bed and throw myself on it aggressively. Bruh, I'm done with this life.

I hear the high heels clanking towards my bed and I feel Jessi sitting on the bed side, closer to me. I don't say anything but huff a little.

There she goes. Laughing at me as always.

"Come here, you small mad ball," She pokes my hip and making me clench and smile secretly. "I'm not a small mad ball!"

She smiles at my sight. I roll over and put my head on her lap. I don't have a sister but Jessi is not less than one. She is so important to me. The woman who take cares of me, tolerates my tantrums and supports me always.

"You are a little hamster, my cute Y/N." She pats my head and pinches my cheek slightly. I begin to throw the words which was bugging me inside.

"When is he coming back?! He always leaves me alone and vanishes! I want him here. Now!" I cross my arms and huff.

Jessi laughs. Caressing my head gently. "That's why life so unfair? Huh?"

"Don't you laugh at me, Jess! Of course it is unfair. I want him to stay home. But his goddamn work always keeps him busy." I get up and look for my phone.

Jessi watches me going frantic. "What are you doing?" She asks. I found my phone in the sea of plushies and take it in my hand.

"Just watch me, Jess."

I dial the very known number which I know by my heart and press the call button. I held it against my ears and listen to the rings.

After two rings the call gets picked up and with that I start to talk without giving him a chance to speak.

"You are always at work! You always leave me alone in this bighead mansion! Don't you miss me? Am I not i-important to you...?" I fake a sob. "You didn't keep your promise today... O-okay, I'm gonna cry and not eat!"

I hung up the call.

"Damn girl. I raised you well." Jessi claps her hands and praises my bold move. I know right? Always get them by emotions. I smirk, switching off my phone and throw it away.

"I always get what I want. I'm Y/N Accardi for a reason."

•••

I hear my door getting knocked. I close my book that I was reading and sit straight. "Come in,"

The door opens, revealing Enzo Marino, my butler. He enters inside, wearing his everyday working suit.