Let him in?

The medic escorted his patient inside his own little slice of heaven, where he was comforted by familiar sights and smells. In contrast to the sniper, who was unfortunate, he was exactly where he needed to be. The medic had noted his troubled demeanour but was perplexed as to why. He sought to assist him. Why might someone be averse to receiving assistance? Never in his life had he been afraid to seek assistance or even to force others into doing so. He was wounded, he required assistance, and he was getting it.

The taller man was then escorted to a freshly cleaned medical chair by the medic. The air was powerfully fragrant with antiseptic and alcohol wipes. He observed as the man hesitantly sat down in the chair, leaning to the side and dangling his long legs over the armrest.

"I need you to lie down slowly now," Medic said, placing a hand on the other man's chest and gently guiding him down. The Sniper averted his gaze as he followed the medics' instructions and appropriately positioned himself on the chair. He was then resting with his legs up and his back on the backrest. Medic then rose up straight and proceeded to the tray containing different medical instruments and a few drawers containing painkillers and antibiotics.

He tossed a bottle of painkillers to his colleague, "Take two of these, I will start in just a few minutes." He went back to his tray to grab the rest of what he needed.

"Hey..uh, why aren't you using your medigun thingy?" Sniper questioned, "Seems it'd be a bit faster, wouldn't it?"

A short chuckle came from the lips of the medic. "Let's just say that this should serve as a lesson for refusing to come to me." He paced back to the chair, fresh dressing and proper antiseptic in hand. "If you cannot learn to ask for help, then you should have to learn to heal the hard way." The medic sat down on a stool next to the chair. He let out a laugh. "And by hard, I mean me hounding after you until you are better!"

The other man let out a short laugh in return, only slightly smiling this time, "Yeh, I bet you'll be right up my arse for the next week and a bit."

"Try forever, Freund von mir! " The medic teased the sniper, "You seem to be quite the trouble when it comes to giving medical assistance, so I will keep a closer eye on you," as he unwrapped the wound that had been shoddily bandaged. He observed the other man swallow forcefully and turn his head away. The medic did not understand. It was for his own health and wellbeing. Why would he be upset? He continued to think about such things as he revealed the wound and set out his tools until a voice broke the silence.

"You good doc?" He was looking at him with what seemed to be actual concern, although he wasn't sure if it was or not.

"Yes, I'm just fine," the medic said with a smile as he continued his work cleaning and dressing the wound.

Minutes passed, and the silence became suffocating. Medic concluded his work and put his tools away. Fresh bandages were applied to the wound, and it was treated as needed. The sharpshooter groaned as he sat up, but when he heard the noise, he ran over to assist. He gently lifted him up by wrapping his arms around his shoulders and waist. The taller man tensed up when he made contact with his exposed skin. The medic felt his skin heat up and reddened slightly at the realisation.

It was just because it was cold and he was surprised. Don't get any ideas.

Do you really think someone like him would ever think of you like that?

The medic looked down and examined his hands, ashamed of himself for even thinking such thoughts. A sigh escaped his lips. He turned and headed to his desk.

"Now that that's done, I want you to come see me every night after dinner so I can check on you," he said gently yet firmly. As he sat down, he noticed the sniper nod cautiously. He looked down at all of the papers on his desk, hoping that the sniper would leave when he wasn't looking. Well, unfortunately for him, that wasn't the case. In fact, he walked right up to the desk and leant up against the edge.

"Is there something else you need?" He questioned

Sniper fiddled with his hands, "Well, I just..." He inhaled, "I dunno, I just wanted to give you my thanks."

"I'm grateful for what you did for me with the whole, uh, chest thing" medic looked up at him in surprise as he had told him that there was no reason to thank him at least 100 times when he had originally done the procedure. It's just that I'd feel like a total bloody mess without it..without you."

Oh

This was not expected.

How do I respond?

I don't know how to

He stumbled over incoherent sounds coming from his mouth, unable to get any words out.

Speak to him, Ludwig, speak

There are still no words spoken. He had a stone face and a barren look. He sprung to his feet and rushed out of the room and down the corridor, the external air flooding over him. Sniper did not follow. He rounded the corner and found himself near the restroom. He crept in and slammed the door shut.

He laughed.

It was all he could do. He laughed away the uncomfortable feelings snaking up his spine. It started as a low chuckle and grew into something others would shiver at the sound of. It comforted him.

What will I do now?

I don't have these interactions calculated, at least not with him.

A knock on the door.

"You there?" It was him again.

I can talk to him, but I have to if I want this to end.