Chapter I First Hello (NINA)

When work and everyday life starts to get you down and your day to day becomes more of a routine it already is too much, but when it's summer and the heat adds to the frustration all you can think of is to get away from the city and drink a cocktail by the water. That is exactly what made me and my friends decide to run away for the summer, from the old streets and the people we have known since childhood. Where else to go in this time but to the blue sea and colorful houses of Nice, Menton and most importantly Monte-Carlo.

The trip started out as expected, some hyped for new adventures, some trying to relax and wash away their worries inevitably ending in a few raised voices about where to go and what to see. The only thing we seem to agree on is we need to drink and party every day of the trip.

The first week went by in a blink of an eye, everyone was getting bronzed and boozed at the same time. Late mornings on the beach turned into late evening in bars and late nights at different clubs. The promise of a never-ending summer vacation seemed to fade away.

One afternoon after another late night on the town, girls went out to brunch in a private beach club, I overslept and had to find a way to get there on my own.

While standing in front of the entrance hotel de Paris Monte-Carlo (where we were staying) and contemplating every single decision I made the night before (Tequila too much Tequila) a very fancy car pulled up, this wouldn't be so shocking given the location I was in and the Hotel I was standing in front of unless the driver that I saw was who I saw it was. I smiled to myself remembering my friend Rin's words from the beginning of the trip "we are not leaving until we meet an F1 driver", I shake the thought out of my head trying to concentrate on google maps to find my way to the beach club when I hear someone call out "as-tu besoin d'aide?". I look up and I can't help but start laughing, I see Charles Leclerc aka Lord Percival approach me with a confused smile on his face. It might be concern since I started laughing at the sight of him. What am I doing, Charles Leclerc is asking me something and I can't stop laughing, got to get myself together. I might still be drunk and imagining this.

But no, he is actually coming toward me. Focus Nina.

- "Hello, I am sorry, I didn't hear what you said. I think I might still be a bit drunk". did I just actually say that out loud?

- "Hah, that's okay I apologize for disturbing you, but you looked like you needed some help".

Did I imagine it or did one of the most famous F1 drivers asked me if I need help? Get a grip on it Nina at least try to act sober.

- "I am trying to find my way to Nikki Beach Monaco Beach Club but can't seem to order a car". Did I actually try to order one or am I too sleepy to remember?

- "Ah magnifique, I am on my way there and can take you".

- "I do not want to impose".

- "No. I will not take no for an answer. I would never leave a beautiful girl like you to find her way. What would my mother think? I have high standards for manners".

Am I actually going to get into the car of a race car driver? You know what?! Why the fuck not?

- "Let's go then". I walk around to get into the car.

Wait did he just check me out from behind?