Searching For My Mate

"Elena Maria Lokpelt", my mom yelled from downstairs. "I' m coming I'm coming", I yell. I apply one more swipe of my lip gloss and grab my bags. I turn down the hall and then start my way down stairs. "There you are! You take forever", she yells at me rushing me outside. She always gets like this when she feels stressed. "It takes time for this beauty to appear!" I smile like a Cheshire cat. She tries hard to scowl at me but then finally she laughs along. "So are you nervous", she asks me with a worried look on her face. "Mom you look more nervous than me." My mom can be so crazy at times. I put my bags in the bus only carrying my purse. Everyone except the Alpha were in the bus. I love the perks of being the Beta's daughter. I kissed my mom and dad, then my baby brother in his arms. "Lee lee where you going", he asked me confused. "I' m gonna go find my mate bubba. But, I will be back before you know it ok", he looked at me unsure at first and then finally agreed. I step up on the bus and find an empty seat for me and the alpha's daughter. It would look bad if we weren't sitting together.. I mean we have a certain look to uphold. When I sat down I got many looks from people. But, I was used to it. The Alpha’s daughter, Mackenzie, finally came and sat down by me. “Hey Elena! Aren’t you excited? Well, I am. I hope my mate is an alpha…” she spoke going on and on. And that’s how the bus ride to the other pack went.

“Elena. Elenaaa!!! Wake Up!” Mackenzie shook me awake. “What! What”, I screamed startled. “We’re almost there. I just wanted to give you a heads up so you could freshen up a bit”, she stated not even trying to hide her disgust. She handed me a mirror. “Oh ok. Thanks”, I said faking a smile. I looked in the mirror and reapplied some of my mascara and lip gloss. I smoothed out my clothes as best as I could for a person sitting down. “Better?” I asked doubting myself. She smiled, “Much Better!” The bus suddenly stopped. “Were here”, the bus driver yelled. Everyone sat down waiting for Mackenzie to go bye. I was behind her going. As soon as we stepped off the bus we saw three men walking towards us from far away. By the time everyone got off the bus, they were in front of us.  The guy in the middle came forward and said, “Welcome everyone. I am Blaine the future Alpha. My father couldn’t be here so he asked me to come and greet you all! He motioned to the guy on his left , this is Jake. He motioned to the guy on his right, this is Drake. They are my Betas. We will be assisting you on this journey.” Mackenzie nudged me, “Blaine is so hot! Oh My Gosh. I hope he’s my mate.” I couldn’t help but feel like ripping her head off when she said that. My wolf started to growl in my head. Mackenzie and I walked over to the guys. The closer I got the more I started to smell an amazing smell. My wolf started to go crazy and yell MATE MATE MATE! GO TO HIM NOW!!!  As if on cue Blaine looked straight at me and we started running to each other. When we finally got to each other we kissed each other with so much passion. It felt like sparks were flying everywhere. When we pulled apart we looked into each other’s eyes. He smiled, “I’m Blaine. And you are?” “Elena. We’re mates”, I silently cursed myself because he already knew that. He laughed and said, “We are. So are you the Alpha’s daughter from the Midnight Bloom Pack?” “Umm… No.  I’m the beta’s daughter”, I stated proudly. His smile dropped completely. “Umm… We-we aren’t supposed to be together. I want the Alpha not you. Your some second best meat. I want the best. Why the hell are you  my mate”, he stated coldly and angrily. My wolf whimpered inside me. “Bu-but why are you saying this? I’m your mate. They don’t make mistakes.” I started to cry. “No. I don’t want you.” I felt so hurt. I just wanted to die. I ran to their pack house and went to the bathroom. I locked myself in there for hours….*************************************************************************************

“Knock knock”, someone says gently knocking on the door. I stood up, stretching slightly. I rinsed some water over my face and then opened the door. Outside there was a Jake. “Hi”, he said nervously. “Umm… hi. What’s up”, I asked eager to know why he would be standing here. “I just want to explain about Blaine. He umm… he was raised to believe that Alpha’s were the best and would always be the best. So, he grew up thinking that his mate would be and Alpha. I guess he was just shocked at the fact that you weren’t an alpha. I mean you look way stronger than that Mackenzie girl.But, anyway he will come around. Either way your beautiful so don’t let him tell you otherwise.” He walked away. I walked down the hall to the room with the sign that said “Midnight Moon girl’s room”  I went to sleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

I woke up to the sound of a trumpet and then followed by a voice on the intercom,” Good morning Dawn’s Sun Pack and Welcome Midnight Moon’s visitors. I hope you are liking your stay and well it’s time to get up! Once again, Good morning.” I groaned silently. Why do these people get up so early?