- The sectet mastermind -

"It's true" said ego, "Ever since you've arrived her, Y/n has been monitoring your performance and designing training regimes according to your strengths and weaknesses."

The room was shocked, everyone was definitely surprised by the fact that their complex training regimes were made by a single person, specifically a girl.

Rin was right, she was definitely a genius, and geniuses intrigue him. She doesn't look like the type to be overconfident - But only time can tell.

"Calm down guys!" sighed y/n, "We have no time for introductions... Let me cut straight to the point." She said strenly as she clicked on a presentation.

"The World Cup is in about 150 days, The neo-egoist league definitely helped train you guys for the U20 cup, But with our current efforts, We will never make it out of the bracket." She dropped the bomb. Something they've been avoiding to admit... Maybe they weren't good enough?

"From now on, we'll be selecting 22 of you to fight for Japan and lead it to victory. Me and Ego-san have worked hard to create a specific training regime for you in biased groups, at the end we will have a match, which will decide the 22 selected."

22? There were about 40 people present in the arena, the chances of being selected were slim... Could they be selected? Could they lead Japan to victory? And who the hell is the silent genius y/n?

Rin pov:
While I was engrossed in my imagination, I saw ego look towards me as he smiled and said, "We also have Itoshi Sae joining us, as a permanent member."

Fuck. I can't bear him, after the U20 vs Blue lock 11 match, things have just gotten worse, what sucks more is that we live in the same house too, adding to my displeasure.

I couldn't help but make an unsatisfied face, unable to hide my emotions. I hid it though, hoping nobody saw and nobody observed. Answering people is a waste of energy and time anyways.

"Unpolished gems, return to your respective dorms to group again. Lock off"

As I was ready to head outside, I was stopped by a petite figure standing before me.

"Rin, you okay?"

It's been so long since anyone asked him that. He badly wanted to tell her all about it, he felt as if he had known her for years even though it's just been 10 minutes since she entered the room.

Oh how badly he wanted to shed his tears and express his worries, but he couldn't.

That's something a lukewarm of a person would do. That's something the old rin would do. Not anymore, he was strong and didn't care about expressing his emotions.

Your pov:
"Yeah I'm fine lol" replied the teal eyed teenager, shrugging me away coldly. As I saw his 6 foot frame leave, it was obvious he was lying, but I didn't object, He's habituated to lying to hide his feelings.

I knew rin since childhood, He was the popular kid in your school, so I bet he wouldn't have known who I was, since I was a quiet kid, who barely spoke and was too invested in studies. You could say I sort of developed feelings for him, especially after I went to watch his game with Ego-san, I was truly intrigued.

Over the years, the feelings aren't lost, I still feel my heart beat faster when I see his games, But obviously from a distance. He's changed. If he didn't notice me back then, he especially won't now, with World Cup coming up, he's going to be busy... Maybe I should give him up.

Maybe in another life, Rin.

Bachira pov:
"Look! Rin is having a moment with the new manager hahahaha" giggled Chigri.

"Do you think they know each other?", I thought carefully. Isagi casually chuckled, "They look the same age, I think they must have been classmates? Or else she must have asked him a normal question and rin being rin must have avoided it"

"Wow your so smart isagiii!" I said, truly impressed by his wits.

His wits scared me, but also gave me some sort of aid, knowing he has my back is satisfying but reminding myself that we are here to compete against each other baffles me more. Even though I'm accustomed to playing by myself, Having isagi as a rival always scares me, Since he's so good.

"I'm in Team A, what about you guys?" asked Nagi, disinterested. "I'm in team A too!" replied isagi.

Turns out we were all in Team A, Me, Isagi, Chigri and Nagi. But there are teams of 6, who are the other 2?

"Bye reo. I hope to play against you." said Nagi, again disinterested. Reo replied with sparkle in his eyes, "I'll be waiting!"

And with that, we left for our dorms, messing with each other in the hallways. There is was, our dorm, the door was open so I suppose our other 2 teammates must be there already.

As we opened the door,I was greeted by  a bunch of pillows thrown to my face. I winced in pain, "OWWW" i screamed, cracking up Isagi and Chigri.

The person who threw the pillows at me was frozen on the spot, It was Shidou and Rin, they were fighting each other before the four of them rudely interrupted them.

"Fuck, you two are in team A?!" sighed Chigri.

"Be grateful you don't have Igarashi or Raichi, missy." replied Shidou, cockily.

I smiled to myself. We are a strong team. We can do it if we can make Shidou and Rin's chemical reaction work.

————————————————————
Share this story yall it's about to get interesting. YES THIS IS A RIN ITOSHI FF.

945 words!