CHAPTER 12

[A/N: Just wanted to mention that, in this chapter (and probably future chapters) there will be dialogue in bold and italics or both to show that the character is speaking another language.

Bold + Italics = English

Bold = The native language the player speaks.

---------------------------------------------------

While the second selection was coming to its conclusion, you were left with your other tasks to complete.

"So...I've almost finished the underground wing for the wild card selection." You muttered, using your pencil to draw a tick mark next to the first task.

Finishing up the underground wing was a simple task compared to the next one you had to start soon.

Meet up with the masters/coaches along with the U-19 world players for a meeting and introduce them to Blue Lock.

Of course, Ego and Anri would be there with you for the whole introduction but after, you'll be meeting with them individually to create a holographic image of them and also making a profile with their stats. Ego's drawings of each player would be added of course.

The meeting would take place in a few days as the second selection was predicted to come to an end today. So, for now, it was better for you to finish off the underground wing.

You got up with your clipboard and pen in hand before setting out of your room, ready to start your work for the day.

"[F/N]!"

Anri was standing on the other end of the hallway and waving towards you. As you approached her, you noticed how her expression changed to confusion which in turn puzzled you.

"What's wrong?" You asked.

"Why aren't you dressed for the meeting?" She questioned back.

Your eyebrows furrowed and she realised what was happening.

"Did you check the text I sent you last night?"

You had been immersed in some work the previous night that you had no chance of checking for any texts.

"Uh...no?"

"The meeting was rescheduled to today since the original date conflicted with a few of the coaches schedules."

You cursed under your breath, looking down at yourself to see you were in a black tracksuit while your hair was a mess.

"When exactly is the meeting?"

"In about ten minutes. You still have to set up the projector and the screen for the presentation."

You discarded the thoughts of how unprofessional you looked and instead decided to focus on the last minute tasks you had to complete before Ego fired you.

"I'll get it done."

The two of you rushed to the auditorium where the meeting would take place and you used the back door to get to the stage, Anri following you from behind.

"You're late." Ego pointed out.

You didnt bother giving an excuse for your tardiness and instead walked over to the projecter to set it.

This action ended up revealing yourself to the audience already settled in their seats. You hid your startlement and instead focused on your job, the projector starting up after a while.

You turned your tablet on and set up the projector to the screen before setting up the presentation Anri had worked on for the past week. Signaling towards the two that it was all done, you moved to the side and away from the audience's eyes, a sigh leaving your lips soon after.