Little Brother

------------------------------------------

Word count: 1800

------------------------------------------

.

.

.

.

.

After spending a week over at the village, it was so chaotic but... I got to meet multiple people and get some numbers. (😏)

My leg did heal, well, not fully, but I'm able to put pressure on it. I have bandages wrapped around it.

Muichiro, on the way home, sat with me on the bus. He never wanted to leave my side.

Yoriichi did not look happy whatsoever... it honestly scared me.

Giyuu didn't even look at me...

Kyojiro just kept smiling at me...

Sanemi kept staring at me...

Obanai kept sending glances my way...

Uzui just winked at me, but he does that a lot, so I just think that it's noraml at this point...

Gyomei is just precious. There is nothing wrong with that man... he does cry a lot, though, which does concern me, but he says that he's just very emotional, so I'll believe him.

Everything just felt so... off...

We all had finally arrived home. Muichiro gave me a long hug, literally squeezing the life outta me before he left.

I waved by to him before sighing and opening the home door.

"Rui! I'm home!" I called out, taking my shoes off and placing my bag near a nearby table.

"Mom! You're home!" Rui shouted as you heard little patters of feet come from upstairs.

Rui ran from the stairs, throwing himself at you, embracing you in a tight hug.

"I missed you..." He spoke clinging onto you.

You smiled and crouched down to hug him back.

"Aww... I missed you too." You smiled tightly, hugging Rui.

"You have to go back to school tomorrow... right..." Rui sounded sad.

"Yes, but... I can stay home with you if you want." You smiled, patting Rui's head.

"I... I don't wanna sound selfish..." Rui shyly spoke as he continued to hug you.

"It's fine. I don't mind! We can do whatever you want tomorrow." You smiled as you stood up and looked at Rui.

"Really?!" He sounded happy.

"Of course, Haru!" She laughed.

"Haru? Who's that...?" Rui spoke, confused.

Y/n's eyes widened.

"I... sorry Rui... you reminded me of someone." Y/n softly spoke.

"Oh..."

"Don't worry about it..." You awkwardly laughed.

"But... who is that person." Rui asked.

You stared at Rui and sighed, crouching down to his level once more.

"Well... they're my little brother..."

"You have a brother!?" Rui sounded excited. "Could I see him sometime?"

Y/n stayed quiet. She then smiled. "Of course..." She tried not to cry, saying those words.

"Yay!" Rui laughed.