07

P.S I edited last chapter so weird thing between aemond and anhe doesn't happen

Also sorry for not updating sooner and this not being in the usual font 😭

Over the past few days, Anhe had been pissed. Perhaps that was even an understatement.

She had tried her best to meet with lucerys, but due to aemond instructing the guards to keep a keen eye on her chambers at night; the siren had been unsuccessful thus far.

"Everything alright, my lady?"

The knight walked over to her slowly, taking note of the dying flower in her hair. Anhe nodded slowly. "Very well," Nimoko continued, "I came to inform you that tonight many lords will come here to court you, or at least try."

She looked at her sworn protector, "I see."

"Maybe they will be more charming than your red rose friend, I heard cregan stark is amongst them"

...

Lucerys had been pacing the halls for HOURS.
he had to meet her soon, but how was he to tell her?

"Oh anhe, I know we like each other but now I have to leave and most likely never see you again unless you come to my home," Lucerys sighed, perhaps it was better to let her find out some... other way?

He had wanted to stay, atleast for the suitors arrivals and the feast, but his mother wanted them to leave hastily. 'It would be better that way' he had recalled her stating.

So, as the prince got on the ship without letting word get to anhe about his disappearance before the night had arrived, he dreaded the things to come.

...

It was nearly sundown, and ships had begun to flock the harbour.

Aemond had walked to his mothers room, at her demand, and stood silently in her chambers.

"Aemond," Alicent muttered, walking over to her son, "the siren girl, you must put what you have aside."

His gaze upheld his coldness. "But why, mother, she is only a beast. I understand her political power but your intention is not for me to marry her, is it."

The queen stood in silence, and Aemond didn't like the response this was portraying.

"You still have options, few yes, but still options. Aemond," she looked at her son, "we can either take her hostage and make a threat to their kind, or..."

Alicent took a deep breathe in.

"Marry her of coarse."