Chapter 2

"I thought you said this woman was docile?" Jameson asked. The new addition to the small team in charge to keep the asset free and clear from outside influences pulled his pistol from inside his suit jacket and readied it.

    "She should be. Somethings not right here," Waller said as he examined Morrisons dead body.

    Jameson began clearing the adjacent room to the small kitchen," Should be. Great," he muttered, "We're in a house with a woman trained to kill without remorse. That is what is not ri.."

    He had no time to react as he rounded the corner of the back staircase. Briar leaped over him bounding of the staircase landed behind him and slit his throat in one gracefully acrobatic move. Jameson dropped his weapon to try to stop the inevitable.

    "What the Fuck!" Waller caught unaware by his examination of his dead comrade's body tried to pull his own weapon but caught three traq darts to his chest. He looked to see the asset slowly walk toward him.

    "I tell you what it's your lucky day. I'm going to let you live. You get to tell Mr. Thorne not to come looking for me," Briar said with no emotion for what she had just done, "It won't end well for whoever he plans to send."

    Waller's vision was blurring, and the asset's voice was going all wonky to his ears. The tranquilizer coursing through his system is overtaking him, "He won't st..st..stop....", he faded unconscious.

    "Well fuck.", Briar searched both the new men quickly taking both the neurotranq pistols, several magazines for them, money, and keys. As far as she knew she was safe from the local authorities for the moment. Thorne wouldn't want to have to explain anything to the locals. She felt a growing anxiety building as her heart rate started to elevate.

    Traveling upstairs to retrieve her backpack. Where are we going? I can't go far. I can't leave the house. Thoughts ran through her mind at a rapid place. According to the message from herself on the tablet, the trigger she used only let Briar's personality to override Althea's to the point she could take control of her body. Her personality didn't go dormant, "We must leave, Thea, we're both in danger. I need you to trust me.", she spoke out loud.

    Trust you?! You killed my husband and another man for no reason.

    "No reason? Really? I'm a C.I.A. operative with skills that will insure you...me...Fuck!! Us! Will survive anyone trying to kill us.", her frustration causing her to lose control of her normally cold demeanor.

    They're not going to kill you. That would Kill me. I haven't done anything.

    Briar chuckled at Althea's comment in her head. How could she not have access to the knowledge that both were one and the same person, just two different personalities. For that matter how could she herself not have access to any of Althea's memories. It was maddening, but she had to trust herself that everything would be revealed and fixed at the coordinates in New Mexico, "Just trust me for now until I can figure out how to fix us. Please."