Chapter 5- The Good News Is...

First of all, I'm sorry for not updating yesterday. I was doing collages of Hussain & Shehry all day because that chosen pic will be my MOBILE COVER! And another reason, I'm out of chapters. So one day I write, & the other day I update. 😚😚😚
No one asks me what I did with him, so even I don't tell anyone. I go & dump myself on the couch & play some boring shitty games on my mobile. I raise my eyes to see Yunus Bhai creep up in the kitchen & tell Mama all that happened.
"Mama, Romaisa us k saath chipak k bethi hui thi!" He complains, bringing an increase in his voice just to let me know. It wasn't me! And by the way, how the HELL does he know that? Was he sneaking on me?
"Koi baat nahi," replies mum, "Mera matlab, abhi main khud usko samjhati hu. You go." Normally, if I disobey her, she'd beat the crap out of me or make me feel guilty like all the other Desi moms. But she was so calm, as if this is what she wanted.
She doesn't come to me for the next half an hour, but Arish Bhayya does. He had an eager smile on his face. He takes me by my hand & drags me to my bedroom. He does a flop & goes on the bed, as if he was so desparate to hear something.
"Batao, kia hua! Tum mujhe apna dost samajhke bata sakti ho. I promise main Chachi Jan ko nahi bataunga." He pleads.
I always tell him all of the secrets of my life, so I narrate what happened back then. Yup, all of it & even what I felt during those times.
"Wah, Romi! Amazing! Only a few years into this friendship, or should I say LOVE." He teases me.
"Oh come on Bhayya!" I say, blushing, & give him little kicks on his knee & he giggles.
"Kaash Yunus Bhai ki jagah aap mere bhai hote. I hate to call him Bhai!" I express, bowing my head & making random stuff with my fingers on the bedsheets.
I look at him, his eyes were not on me, but fixed on the door. I turn around to see Yunus Bhai there. "I heard what you said, JERK!" He says, proceeding to me, with an intention to hurt me.
And for the record, Arish Bhayya has TOTAL control over Yunus Bhai, so he commands him to get lost.
"Yes! Another victory for me!" I exclaim, giving Arish Bhayya a bear hug. "I want to visit him again!" I demand.
"Tumari aur uski mama ne bohot se plan tum dono k liye banaye hain. Atleast twice in a week, you must see him & you can talk to him anytime you want." He tells me.
"Ummmmm.... Okayyy... But why so Bhayya please tell me!" I request, making my innocent face, yet he shakes his head.
.......................
2 years had passed & we had a ton of fun. I could see his love, but both of us never confessed it. And I still didn't get to know the secret. Of course, it is related to my life so I won't forget it! And by the way, everyone reminded me of this somehow or the other. Yet, here, a small horror lurks around. But thanks to just Hussain's name, I was saved. And for this, I also got to know the secret. Let me tell you about it...
I was in the middle of watching a random Pakistani drama, when the bell rang. My guardian, Arish Bhayya, comes to me & takes me away to the corridor. "Ooh, aap mujhe batayenge na, according to your promise?" I remind him.
"Ummm, main nahi bata sakta." He answers, making a guilty face & bringing his eyes down & then turns his face away, to avoid me.
"Kia?! Please! Apne promise kia tha, ek saal ho gaya hai Bhayya! Aur main toh us me interested bhi ho hayi hu, just tell me!" I raise my voice. He hushes me & peeks through the corridor & tells me to do the same.
I see that a family of 4 was seated on the couch in front of Mama & Papa.
They had a random conversation & then the mother started, "Main yaha aapki beti k liye rishta lay kar aayi hu." Just then, my parents exchange glances with each other. They make faces as if they want to deny it.
"Can you see anything?" He whispers, slightly pushing my back & ducking behind me. I put my head a bit more forward to check the people better.
"What the f...?!" I say, immediately backing from there. Widen my eyes & cover my mouth.
"Kia hua? Tum ne kia dekha? Who's there?" He asks.
"Zaheer!" This name. I thought I left this person 2 years ago. But no, I was wrong. My fate is so twisted, that it twists my head as well!
"Who's he? You know him?" I tell him all that happened between us. I mean, between him & me. We both can never be 'US'. "Waise... Dikhne main to acha hai." He bugs me.
"This is serious Bhayya. Aur waise bhi-" I stop, hearing Hussain's name in my parents' conversation. Mama says that my alliance is already fixed. "Kia?!" Zaheer's dad asks.
"Haan, meri bachpan ki dost k bete k saath rishta teh hogaya." She says, & repeats it. I couldn't believe my ears. I turn around & squeeze Arish Bhayya. He hugs me back. "See? This was the promise." He confirms.
"Omg thank you so much!" I say, feeling a tear flow down my cheek. He spots it & wipes away my tear with his thumb. I run to my room, bury my face in my pillow & smile to myself. I wanted to cry of happiness, but tears of joy don't come to me.
After 2 minutes, Arish Bhayya comes & sits on my bed. "Romi, Hussain tumai apne ghar bula raha hai, urgently." He informs me. I crack up a smile & set my journey to his home. I kept smiling to myself for the whole 5 minutes walk.
I ring his bell & out comes Shehry, with the most worried face ever. He invites me in & vanishes from my sight. Hussain comes & commands me to help his mom in the kitchen. I enter the kitchen to see all the chaos caused in there. Maha was crying, the kettle was blowing, the oven was ringing & the telephone outside was buzzing as hell. I start helping her & follow all her commands.
"Aunty, aap Maha ko lay kar jaayen, main ye sab sambhalun gi, you can have some rest." I plead to her & she goes away with Maha. I try to cook all the dessert & the Desi dishes that were left undone by Aunty. Finally, after 15 minutes, I was done. I had to report this to Aunty so I take off her apron, hang it where she told me to & start searching for her.
It was an unfamiliar house & I didn't want to disturb any busy person here, so I thought to look for her myself. I arrive in front of the door.
"Omg Allah meri tobah! Ab itne barre ghar main kaha dhoondu?" I say, rubbing my temples. All of a sudden, the doorbell rings & I realize it will be inappropriate if the guests see me. So I quickly run away & hide in this unknown room & peak through the door. I back up immediately upon seeing 2 familiar face. "Humaira aur Zaheer yaha itni jaldi?! Mujhe Humaira se milna hai. Lekin kaise?" I whisper to myself.
But there was someone else who heard my loud whispers. "Kiun?" Hussain asks, grabbing my wrist & making me bump into him & hug him. His hands around my waist & mine on his shoulders. This is what I want to see for the rest of my eyes.
Wow, ye larka dehan hatane main kitna acha hai, I thought. I completely forgot about my goal of the moment, until he asks me again, "Kiun?"
"Ye larki Humaira hai, meri dost, jo mere saath 10 saal se hai. Aur woh larka, Zaheer, chhichhichhi! Cheap personality, jo mujhse ab tak pyaar karta hai. Ewwww!" I describe them to him.
"Oh..." He realizes he still held me & leaves me & strolls away. I keep looking at him hopelessly. He walks backwards to me & says, "Tum Hunaira ki achi dost hona? Aao main tumai usse milata hu."
This makes me smile but I insist him, "Aaj nahi, kal. Theek hai? Woh... Tum usko aaj kaise bulaoge? Kal zaroor. Main tumare ghar bhi aajaun gi. And you can call her too. Ab main jaati hu, Mama ne kaha tha k jaldi aana warna Yunus Bhai aajayenge toh problem ho jayengi. Bye." I wave at him & take a walk to home.
I ring the bell & the Stress opens the door. "Kaha thi?" He asks, really ferocious. I take a deep breath & release the air.
I take a step closer to him & shout to him, "Hussain k pass! Kia karlo ge? Maro ge? Go ahead!" I take another step & he gets back, erasing away all his anger. He doesn't hit me.
I yell again, "You coward! Tumai sirf marna aata hai, tum kuch aur toh nahi kar sakte! Enough yaar. Bas kardo, almost 20 years tum mujhe torture jarte rahe. Jab main is ghar se chali jaungi toh pata hai ek bohot bara burden mere shoulders se utraiga!" I was so mad, thinking that he just ruined my mood & day just by showing his ugly face to me. Well he's not ugly, lekin jis ka dil itna kharab ho, us ka chehra kaha acha lagega?
I stomp all the way to my room upstairs. I take of my shoes & drop on the bed. I start smiling to myself like an idiot. Because, I'm gonna meet Humaira tomorrow & I'm gonna marry Hussain & also that I finally gathered my guts to be a match of Yunus. YEAH! THAT'S RIGHT, YUNUS! Not YUNUS BHAI!
I keep thinking about it for the next hour, too. Mama's voice brings me back to this world, "Romaisa! Look what I have!" Idk why, but I always go for this & run downstairs to see Hussain there.
"Oh hi!" I say, waving & smiling at him.
"Look what I have for you." He says, & from behind him, Humaira appears. I cover my mouth in happiness.
"Humaira!" I yell & hug her. She hugs me back. "I thought I left you there itself." I express.
"Aise kaise apni bestfriend ko chordeti? Batao?" She says, wiping away her tear from just below her brown twinkly eyes. I embrace her again.
"Umm... Romaisa..." Hussain calls, "I'm going for now. Tum dono mazze karo main baad main Humaira ko lene aaunga." And so, he leaves. I tell Humaira to gossip with me.
We both hop on the bed & she starts listening to me, telling her all about Hussain & me. "Acha main bhi ek baat batau? Mujhe love at first sight ho gaya!" She says, exitingly.
"Shehry se? Omg Allah meri touba!" I exclaim. "Oh yes, main tumai ek cheez dikhati hu." I tell her. I bring my laptop & show almost ALL the db videos. She kept admiring young Shehry & baby Shehry, though.
She also leaves, announcing that her family was invited to a function.