Memories and Questions

For now, all is calm. His father simply slumped on the sofa, barely saying hello before finding his companion for the evening: his bottle of alcohol. The red kitten is content to observe him, sitting right next to the armchair. As long as he was there, he had a minimum of protection. The 'Old Man' (as his brothers called him) was far from the ideal father. He would even be rather careless... but as long as he was next to him, these two bullies left him alone. It was even the only really safe place in this house... but never for long.

While he is having fun turning the barrel of a revolver (empty fortunately), the entrance door slams and his mother enters like a fury. Without a glance at her last kitten (one more born without them really wanting it), the female cat plants herself next to her companion who has already emptied half of his first bottle (there is none never had one). She begins to grumble about one of their subjects of argument, surely hoping for a reaction from the male of the house,... but this one doesn't react, fixing the TV in front of him or the void. In truth, the kitten never knew exactly. Eventually, his mother loses her patience (even though she didn't have much to begin with) and rushes to the station to turn it off, planting herself in front of her man.

''Do you listen to me when I talk to you!?'' she bellowed, leaning in front of him.

Finally, he looks at her, looking both empty and annoyed... before grumbling in a calm tone:

''Leave us, son. This is adult stuff!''

His mother then starts to howl, releasing some vulgarities in anger, while the kitten slips away. He knows that if he doesn't obey, it is on him that his mother will pass her rage.

He barely left the living room when he didn't have time to go to his bedroom. Two strong hands grab his arm, making him scream before he freezes as he recognizes the gruff laughter of his brothers.

''Well, it's not too early, little kitty! We were getting bored!'' one of them laughed, the other just chuckled.

''Please...'' the youngest panics as his elders bring him to their room.

''Look at him!'' the second laughs as they throw him to the ground. ''He's still crying like a kitten.''

''All the more reason to beef it up a bit!'' the first rejoiced, cracking his knuckles.

The kitten trembles as he sees his brothers getting ready to kick him, one cracking all his muscles, the other bringing out his claws and squealing them against the wall. He knows very well what is going to happen... but he can't help but scream when they throw themselves on him.

🐱🐸🐱

Mr. Cat wakes up screaming, straightening up suddenly, covered in a cold sweat, and taking a few moments to remember where he is. But it's not his old home (if it had ever been his). He recognizes his cat flap at Smileyland. His real home that he had fitted out according to his tastes and desires for comfort...

Sighing, he sinks back into the mattress of his bed, grimacing at the minimal shock. He knows it was psychological because they had been healed for a long time... but seeing the scars again, especially in front of his friends, made him feel all the pain he felt again. He remembers very well how he got each of them. He remembers the pain very well. But as he gets lost in his thoughts, another memory related to those damn scars comes back to him.

Kaeloo's horrified face when she saw them!

The frog had been literally paralyzed by seeing these horrible marks that he had always camouflaged well under his fur. But of course, he had to piss her off and the toad threw him in the water! As much as he loved pissing her off to see this other muscular form that he appreciated so much (both for the pleasure of the eyes and for the blows he gave him), as much if he had known, he would have held back well.