Chapter one | The Meeting |

"Great discoveries are upon us, Mr. Ambrose!"

Cried out a skinny, boisterous man. His best dress clothes did not seem to fit his skinny frame as he paced before the desk of a fairly plump man.

"Great discoveries? Sir have you lost your mind?"

Rebuked Mr. Ambrose, looking up from a sheet labeled "theories of the Eye" his plump form stressed the suit that he wore. The buttons of his shirt strained to hold the man, in the very cloth that covered him. He began looking over many papers and maps in which were laid before him.

"Lost my mind? How insulting! Mr. Ambrose, have you thought of what this entity could do for us? Think of the possibilities!"

The skinny man lunged over the desk in a haste, to expose the notes he had written on the paper Mr. Ambrose had held.

"Mr. Brighton, I have read the notes on your theories. Each one does not signify what power this so called "Eye" has."

The plump man replied before Mr. Brighton had the chance to speak. He glanced at the large clock above the mantle of the fire place.

1:14 in the afternoon.

"Come. look out the window Mr. Ambrose"

Brighton signaled the man as he paced to the window looking out into the city. The steam from buildings rose up to the heavens. Below clockwork horse drawn carriages made their way through the labyrinth of the city of Vastell.

The plump man made his way after Brighton and followed his gaze.

"Brighton, I understand your thirst for the unknown. But do you ever think selflessly?"

Brighton's gaze turned to Mr. Ambrose. His intense blue eyes settled on the man as he spoke. Mr. Ambrose continued..

"Even if I fund your journey or provide you with the necessary means of this theory. Think of the people whom you hire for this journey. Have you though of the possibility that you and the crew may never return?"

Brighton nodded in silence of thought, turning to look out to the city again as he replied.

"Yes. Yes I have, but think about this. Us as a human race have only evolved and became more innovative from a minor loss of our own for the benefit of a whole race."

"I agree, but are you ready to risk lives of people who are willing to entitle themselves to you?"

Brighton nodded in return before speaking.

"I already have a list of willing applicants. ready to risk their well being for the sake of our evolution."

Ambrose turned to walk towards his desk. reaching it, leaned to open a drawer. inside was a fairly large bundle; retrieving the bundle. He returns to Brighton's side and hands him the bundle.

"5,000 sillo. this should cover all expenses and then some."

Brighton held the bundle, his expression brightened at the sound of 5,000 sillo.

"EThank you, Mr. Ambrose. I won't let this be a mistake."

Ambrose then made his way back to his desk to file the examples of Brighton's theories. Then looked up at the clock again, as Brighton, turned on heel to leave.

2:37