New Year's Kiss

"What do you mean you've never kissed anyone?!"

"I don't know man okay, the right person just hasn't come around would you drop it already?"

Billy was staying the night at Stu's to celebrate new years. It was better than spending it alone but it was definitely uncomfortable. Stu was getting tired of hiding his feelings from Billy, it was torture having to act like he was okay with just being his friend. And it only got worse when Billy teased him about having non one to kiss when the ball dropped. What's worse is that he accidentally let it slip that he hasn't kissed anyone in general.

Stu had never felt compelled to kiss any of his girlfriends in the past. He never had that movie moment that everyone had hyped up his entire life. Part of him felt left out but he mostly felt frustrated at the fact that the only person who had wanted to share that moment definitely didn't feel the same way.

"Well don't you want to?"

Billy's words brought him back to reality. Sure he wanted to, but he wouldn't understand.

"Well what if we kiss when it hits midnight?"

What did he just say? He must have been joking. 

Sometimes he made jokes like this at school and everyone would just laugh it off. But this time felt different. Billy wasn't laughing, if anything he looked flustered, like the words had escaped his mouth before he could make sure that's what he meant to say.

Maybe he'd only imagined it, but it looked like Billy's face was turning a pale pink. It was just them in the house, a small get together to watch a few movies and celebrate the new year but all of a sudden it seemed like something had changed between them. Billy was looking down at the floor while Stu considered his response. Status mind was racing. He didn't know what to say to him and he still wasn't completely sure if Billy was being serious.

The clock hit 12 and Stu could faintly make out the applause on the live-stream he had put on earlier.

While Stu's thoughts were still racing, he felt Billy grab his chin and turn his face towards him.

"Can I kiss you Stu?"

He hadn't been joking

Stu could feel his heart beating out of his chest. He couldn't make out the words, just a head nod. Billy leaned in and kissed him. He pulled him closer with his other arm around Stu's waist. The moment was perfect, it was everything Stu had ever hoped for in his first kiss. Stu could feel Billy smiling on his lips, he could smell his cologne, he never wanted the moment to end.

"Billy, you have no idea how long I've wanted to do that." Stu whispered after finally pulling away. They both remained close, holding each other in a loving embrace.

Billy pulled him in closer, hugging him around his waist, "I love you Stu."

"I love you too Billy."