Act One

I still remember the first time I saw a TV show made by a director I really admire. I was super excited and even ran over to my neighbor's house, even though I still had food in my mouth. Some other kids were there too, so I wanted to get there early to find a good spot.

I sat outside my friend's house every day, looking through their window, waiting for the show to start. I really liked it and it quickly became one of my favorite shows. The characters felt real, and the story was easy to connect with. Right from the first episode, I was hooked. I would laugh a lot and sometimes even cry with the characters.

This show had a big impact on me. It made me want to be a better person and inspired me to follow my dreams. I'll never forget the first time I watched it, and I'm so thankful to the director for making something so amazing.

That's why I ended up studying Film in college. I wanted to learn everything I could about making movies so that one day I could create my own amazing stories.

I'm really glad I got to meet the director who inspired me. But, not everything has been perfect. There's someone else I met later on, someone I never thought would become a part of my life.

------------------------PAGE BREAK------------------------

Some people say that when you study for a Bachelor of Arts in Film, you might end up as one of those names that appear in the credits at the end of a movie – unnoticed and unknown. Surprisingly, that's exactly what I'm aiming for!

Being an introvert, I've never desired the spotlight. However, there are rare occasions when I find myself needing to raise my hand and speak in front of others.

"Excuse me, sir? What's your question for Director Rolina?"

"Uh, can I leave the room for a moment... I mean..." I resisted the urge to bury my face in the wall, I didn't want to add more embarrassment.

"Right, um, what I meant to ask was, Director Rolina, I've heard that you personally select your actors and actresses. Can you tell us how you make those choices?"

"You're wondering why I choose to personally cast performers when I have casting directors who could do it?" I nodded.

"As the writer and director of a film, we hold a vision for how the movie should look and feel. It's crucial that the actors we choose are a perfect match for the roles. They need to embody our characters in a way that's believable and captivating."

"We also want the actors to be skillful and deeply passionate about their craft. Their dedication to bringing our vision to life is vital."

I nodded, understanding his perspective. It made sense that Director Rolina would want to be hands-on in the casting process. Ensuring that the film matches his vision is a priority.

"Thank you for your question," Director Rolina responded. "I'm glad I could address it."

A sense of relief washed over me. I might not be the most outgoing person, but I felt a sense of achievement from contributing to the discussion. Moreover, I was incredibly fortunate to have the chance to learn from Director Rolina.

"Do you have any other questions for me?"

I didn't realize I was still standing while writing down what he was saying, as if transcribing some holy text word by word.

"Uh... I'm Mr. Matthew Dela Pena, sir, and no... no more questions, thank you." Oh my gosh, who introduces themselves like that?!

I could hear the people behind me laughing, but I'm relieved that the guests and the director in front are smiling. It lessened my nervousness a bit. Well, not really. Damn.