prologue

(Y/N) stood in front of the gates of her new university. Being a transfer was nothing special or new to the community; the school had a high transfer rate, so it was easy for (Y/N) to be admitted.

(Y/N), (L/N) (F/N), is ready to begin her second year of college. Originally, she was five or six hundred miles away from her hometown. She escaped to a college far away from her in order to begin a new life, but all of that was thrown away when a number of events caused her to move back home.

First, she was waitlisted for a class she desperately needed in her second semester; then she found out midway through the semester she did not need this credit at all.

Secondly, her final exam for her english class included an 18 page paper that was typed and printed. The day she had to turn it in, someone spilled their coffee on it, which is the one thing that her professor was allergic to. She was unable to turn her final in as the professor had to be sent to the emergency room for an allergic reaction. The paper was never counted as a final grade and instead 150 multiple choice quiz was induced, where (Y/N) failed.

Thirdly, her one and only car was infested with ladybugs. It may seem like a funny problem, but for (Y/N), it was such an inconvenience. She used her car for everything, so now, she's car-less and can only leech off of people if she needed a ride. Now, it's currently in the shop to get it repaired, though (Y/N) was glad it's just ladybugs and not rats or roaches.

And while going through all of these problems, she had her boyfriend to sit with her until things got better.

Until he broke up with her.

She never wanted to talk about the breakup with anyone, not her friends or family. Apparently, it was so tragic that the thought of it makes her shut down. And if anything, a lot of people didn't even know she was in a relationship.

All people knew was that they had been together since they were kids. They went through everything together, and then one day, he was done with her.

(Y/N) sighs at the thought of that. She ran away from all of that; she was done, she was miles away from her problems.

Now she was in front of the University of Tokoto (not a real university guys, at least I don't think so...), a university that was only an hour away from her hometown. Known for their easy acceptance rates for transfers, she decided to just go back to where life had never treated her badly.

It was such an easy decision to make as she had a very good friend who went there. She got accepted and had relations already, so why not just go ahead and do it?

She had nothing to lose at this point; her parents supported all of her decisions and were more than delighted to have her back. She stayed with them and told them everything that had happened. They wished they were there for her when she was going through everything, but (Y/N) was just thankful she could go back to them.

Fast forward to now, she had a taxi hold her things; she texted her friend, Terushima Yuji, that she had arrived. He replied that he and his friends would meet up with her and help her carry her things.

Waiting patiently, one of her best songs had been playing. She couldn't help but subtly sing along to the song. Today was going to be her day; she knew it. New life, new happiness. She could forget about her stupid ex boyfriend now with a new school, new friends, and a potentially new boyfriend.

"(Y/N)!"

She faintly hears her name; turning down the music, she looks around for the bi-colored hair boy. She remembered his piercings and definitely couldn't forget the huge forehead he had.

Finally locking eyes with Terushima, she waves in excitement. Terushima runs up to her, along with his friends who he had gotten to help her.

"(Y/N)!" Terushima had a huge smile on her face, "God, it's been a minute."