VII

As days went by, Minnie's feelings for Miyeon began to blossom, and she found herself becoming even clingier than before. Miyeon noticed the change in Minnie's behavior, as she sought more closeness and attention from her.

One morning, as Miyeon was getting ready to leave for work, she approached the doorway, only to find Minnie blocking her path. With a gentle sigh, Miyeon addressed her feline companion. "Minnie, you know I have to go to work," she said, her voice filled with a mixture of understanding and reluctance.

Minnie's eyes widened, and she protested, "No! Stay with me!" Her plea carried a deep longing to spend more time together, not wanting to be separated from her beloved owner.

Understanding Minnie's desire for companionship, Miyeon tried to gently move her aside, attempting to reason with her. However, Minnie couldn't contain her affection any longer. In a playful motion, she pounced on Miyeon, rubbing her soft cheeks against Miyeon's chest, as if marking her with her love.

Miyeon chuckled, unable to resist Minnie's adorable display of affection. She affectionately stroked Minnie's back, reassuring her, "I wish I could stay with you all day, Minnie, but I have to go to work. I promise we'll have plenty of time together when I come back."

Minnie pouted, her eyes filled with longing, as she looked up at Miyeon. Feeling her owner's presence, she couldn't resist the opportunity for a closer connection. As Miyeon sat up, Minnie gracefully straddled her lap, her hands gently resting on Miyeon's shoulders. Meanwhile, her tail curled around Miyeon's waist, creating a comforting embrace.

Miyeon let out a sigh, understanding the depth of Minnie's desire for her company. She spoke with a mixture of affection and practicality, trying to convey the necessity of her work. "Minnie, I really have to go to work. If I don't work, how am I supposed to pay the bills?" she explained, her voice tinged with a touch of regret.

Minnie lowered her gaze, meowing softly in response, her disappointment evident. Miyeon reached out, gently moving Minnie aside, and tenderly petting her ears. "I know, Minnie, I understand how much you want me to stay. Believe me, I wish I could stay too," she said, her touch filled with reassurance.

Looking into Minnie's eyes, Miyeon continued, "But we have responsibilities and obligations. Work is necessary to provide for us. I promise, when I come back, we'll have quality time together."

Minnie's expression softened, her understanding mingling with lingering sadness. She nudged her head against Miyeon's hand, grateful for the reassurance and the love that flowed between them. Even in the midst of longing, they shared a bond built on mutual support and understanding.

As Miyeon patted Minnie's head and closed the door, Minnie's feline curiosity took hold. An idea sparked in her mind, urging her to follow Miyeon. Determined, Minnie opened the door and stealthily made her way through the hallways. Finding a nearby corner, she swiftly transformed into her cat form, leaving her clothes hidden behind a vending machine.

With a newfound agility, Minnie raced down the stairwell, her paws padding silently against the steps. As she emerged onto the streets, she scanned the surroundings until her eyes landed on Miyeon, just about to board the bus.

Carefully, Minnie snuck onto the bus, slipping in unnoticed by the other passengers. She found a hiding spot under the seats, using her feline instincts to navigate discreetly. From her concealed vantage point, she peeked out, her eyes fixed on Miyeon, filled with love and curiosity.

Miyeon settled into her seat, oblivious to Minnie's covert presence beneath her. The bus started its journey, and Minnie, still hidden, continued to observe her owner's every move. Her heart swelled with adoration, finding solace in being near Miyeon, even if she remained unseen.