𝟣𝟨

***

"Thanks again, that was nice." Y/n said after Georgie walked her to Connie's front door as he thought her walking across the street alone was too dangerous.

"Really? Dinner with my family?" Georgie questioned.

"My parents won't talk to me at all, so I will take Niblingo and a home cooked meal any day." Y/n said.

"Well, you're always welcome." Georgie smiled.

Just then y/n felt a sharp movement in her stomach.

"Oh my god." She said, holding her belly. She had felt the baby moving but she hadn't felt a kick yet.

She did research that between 16-25 weeks is when the baby starts to kick.

"What?" Georgie asked, concerned as he thought something was wrong.

"The baby kicked." Y/n said, feeling her belly and the baby kicked again.

"It's doing it again. Feel." She said and grabbed Georgie's hand and placed it on her stomach.

"Wow," Georgie said as a particularly hard kick made him gasp, "it's sassy. Just like it's mama."

Y/n smiled as the kicking started to calm down and they fell into silence, Georgie removing his hands from her belly.

Y/n cleared her throat, "I think there's ice cream in the freezer if you want to come in for a bit?" Y/n suggested.

"Thanks, but I got to get to work." Georgie answered.

"It's a laundromat doesn't it kind of run on its own?" Y/n asked.

Georgie thought for a moment. "You'd think that, but there is a lot of technical issues." He said quickly.

"Okay, well, goodnight." Y/n smiled and went to enter the house.

"Goodnight," Georgie said.

***

The following day, y/n had her 18 week check up and was currently waiting in the waiting room to see Dr Banes with Connie.

"Miss Marie-Jones?" The nurse asked, entering the room. "We don't have any insurance on file for you."

"Oh that's alright we will be paying I cash," Connie said and took the cash out of her bra, "In god we trust."

The nurse smiled before walking away.

"You always carry that much cash around?" Y/n asked Connie.

"Do you think there's just boobs in this bra?" Connie questioned.

"No, I mean why?"

"Well, the laundromats a cash business," Connie answered after a few seconds.

"Isn't it mainly quarters though?" Y/n asked.

"Yeah but now we got the video store and I'm not real big on banks." Connie answered and y/n started growing suspicious.

***

"Over in this isle we've got your new releases," Georgie said later that day as he showed y/n around the video store Connie bought next to the Laundromat.

It was the same one y/n ran into Georgie when she first found out she was pregnant.

"And of course we've got a whole row of chick flicks." Georgie said, gesturing to them. "Known in the movie biz as rom coms."

"Sweet," y/n nodded and looked up at Georgie only to notice the DO NOT ENTER sign on a door.

"What's back there?" She asked, knitting her eyebrows together.