1

All I can remember is having no control over my body. I was like a puppet but who has a puppet master. I felt half conscious but.. the other side of my brain was not normal. Reality finally kicked in. Then I saw what I just did. I saw my little sister sleeping in a large pool of blood.. I could already tell she's dead, no movement of breathing. I knew she wasn't going to wake up. Never. What have I done? Why did I kill my own little sister? I didn't want to kill her, I swear it wasn't me! I would never! Something evil took over me and made me kill her. Maybe, just maybe.. it was death itself. I now lay my sister's head on my lap. I was cradling her like she was a baby again. Maybe if I hadn't taken that damn book with me, none of this would've happened. I looked down at my little sister's lifeless look before caressing her face. Her skin was as cold as ice. I started to hum her favorite song, caressing her still beautiful blonde hair. Tears came spilling out of my eyes like an endless waterfall. My mom ran into the room with the phone in her hand, she began to scream and cry. I began to feel dizzy, a feeling like I just held my breath for too long. I've never felt so weak and fragile as I did at that moment. I let go of my sister's lifeless body and stood up but my legs felt like jello.

"Momma, I'm sorry." I said breathlessly. I tried to walk over to her but my legs gave out. I fell on the floor, hitting my head. One moment I was in the present time, the next, blackened out.