prologue

ᥫ᭡ „ sitting on the hood of his new mercedes-benz, admiring the warm pink and orange hue of the sunset in front of him, dd wrapped his arm around asya's shoulder. breathing in the refreshing aroma of freshly cut grass and woodsy pine trees was the perfect way to end their two-year-anniversary date. in a couple of weeks, dd would be leaving for los angeles but asya would be staying in new york.

asya took a deep breath, resting her head on dd's shoulder and allowing herself to get comfortable in his arms. " i woulda never expected this . " she whispered.

dd furrowed his eyebrows and looked at her. " what? you never took me for a romantic nigga? " he asked. asya laughed at the seriousness in his face.

" no, not the date. i'm talkin about us. we wouldn't even collab with each other two years ago. don't you remember? "

dd's eyes softened, all he had to do to remember their story was to look into her eyes. how could he forget that it was love at first sight? the first time he looked into those shimmering, hypnotic eyes. the first time he listened to her alluring voice that brought butterflies to his stomach. but after she dissed him and his niggas on live, all the love he had for her turned into hatred.

" damn... how did we even get past all that shit. i never thought i would fuck with you. "

" took us almost a year to even fuck with each other as friends. " asya said, looking up at the clouds moving above them. she smiled as she reminisced.

" i like that we met that way. sum i can tell my grandkids type shit. "

" yeah? " 

" yea. "

soon,  a comfortable silence took over them and once again they took in the sound of nature. however, it wasn't long until it was interrupted by asya sniffling. dd made a surprised face as he looked down at her. he almost laughed until he realized their situation.

" no mami, you promised you wouldn't cry. " he spoke, his tone way softer than before as he kissed her nose. but asya couldn't help but break down as he spoke to her in a voice that she'd never really heard from him. " it's okay, asya, it's okay. " he said before engulfing her in a hug.

" mane, " asya started, her voice cracking causing dd to snort. she smacked his shoulder before continuing, " i don't know what else to do like. ion wanna continue this music shit without you. i dont ever wanna lose you. "

" im not going anywhere. " dd replied. " well im going to la but- you know what i mean. i'll call you... you feel me? and we'll text, every second of the day. i'ma still post you, let everybody know you still mine. and when you done takin' care of ya pops you'll come meet me. but for now you gotta be strong for me. and i know you can do that. " he said giving her a supportive squeeze. his words were full of encouragement and optimism - not just empty lies.

" damn... they gon try and get at us. "

" yea but they got nothin on us tho. " dd said smiling, flashing his pearly whites.

asya smiled and rolled her eyes. she wrapped her arms around dd's waist and rested her head on his chest. " oh my god " she laughed. " i remember that party before i confessed to you.. when you were with that girl. i really poured punch on that bitch head damn. how do you even handle my crazy ass so well? "

" you're not crazy. your beautiful and sweet and kind. that's why i love you. " dd said licking his lips and looking down at her's.

" i love you too. "

dd leaned down, allowing the two of their lips to meet. he kissed her passionately, running his hand down her back as he deepened the kiss. asya always liked the vulnerable way he looked at her after they kissed. she pulled him in for a hug, inhaling deeply, thinking about how him and here were really bound to get together.

ᥫ᭡ . NAI  !
hope yall enjoyed this lil
prologue cause its all u
gettin LMAOOAOA bye.