Prologue

"Is he going to be okay?" Frostfur asked.

"I don't know, it's pretty shaky. Even if he does recover, he'll be forced to stay in here for a few days, so that we can look over him", Amberpool explained, "He lost a lot of blood to whoever he was fighting." All four cats looked down at the unconscious cat in worry.

"Oh", Thrushheart said.

At that moment, Lynxstar strolled in through the lichen that covered the entrance to the den. "Where is he? Is he alright?"

Amberpool moved to explain the same to Lynxstar as she had to Frostfur. "So, has anyone been able to figure out who he was fighting?"

"No", Lynxstar shook her head sadly, "Whoever this was cleaned up their tracks pretty well, and only left the scent of garlic behind."

Finchfur quickly left the group of cats to grab a bundle of cobwebs to redress the cat's wounds. "All we can do is take care of him and hope he pulls through."

Lynxstar left the den, going to tend to the clan, while Amberpool left to get fresh-kill. That left Thrushheart, Frostfur, and Finchfur.

"Frostfur, you should go and get something to eat with Amberpool", Finchfur said, "You've been by his side since last night."

"I just want to make sure everything is okay", Frostfur responded.

"I promise nothing will happen to him as long as you're getting fresh-kill. Go", Finchfur demanded, ushering Frostfur onto her paws and out of the den.

Thrushheart was too focused on the unconscious cat to notice another presence enter the den.

"Is there anything we can do?" Moonpelt asked.

Thrushheart snapped his head in the direction of Moonpelt's voice, and the said, "What are you doing here?"

Moonpelt looked slightly offended. "What? He's my brother, I feel as though it's normal if I want to know if he's okay."

Finchfur sighed from behind them, and said, "At this point, it's a fifty-fifty chance that he makes it. As Amberpool said earlier, he lost a lot of blood. His fate is in the paws of Starclan."

Moonpelt nodded, bent down, and lightly touched Maplepelt's head with his nose. He nodded to both cats in the den and left silently.

Thrushheart turned to leave as well, but Finchfur stopped him. "Wait."

Thrushheart turned to face the old medicine cat. "I didn't say this when Moonpelt was in here, or anyone else, because I felt as though it may compromise your position in the war. But Maplepelt must have been thrown around very violently, because his head took a lot of trauma."

"So?" Thrushheart questioned. "What does that mean?"

"If he survives, Maplepelt is going to have some memory loss. Probably not anything long-term, but at least from the fight to now."

Thrushheart was inwardly panicking, because with Maplepelt he had learned that "probably" meant nothing. Still, he nodded and left the medicine cat den, shivers running through his veins as he wondered what was to become of his best friend.

OKAYZEEEEES

So this is basically one of two parts I currently have planned out for this book, the next one will take place in the first few chapters. I think I'm going to focus this book a lot more on Maple and Heron, maybe add some cameos of the other characters every now and again.

With that being said, expect OMEGA SLOW updates. I'm talking like, once every few weeks at the most (Not me completely ignoring the fact that I pumped out a 500 word chapter in 5 minutes).

See ya I don't know when

- Maple