Morning Invitations

(Applejack's POV omniscient)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sunlight streamed through the window as Applejack pried opened her emerald green eyes.
Suddenly, she heard a faint shout from outside.
"Applejack!"
The earth mare hauled herself out of bed and stumbled to the window, her eyes still heavy with sleep.
She poked her head out the window and saw a familiar, cotton candy mane.
" Oh, howdy, Pinkie Pie...."
The cheerful pink mare bounced up and down while shouting a greeting.
"Hi, Applejack!!" she replied in her usual chipper voice. "Come on down!"
The cowgirl groaned, but walked downstairs anyway.
When she opened the door, Applejack noticed that Pinkie was wearing a woven basket hat with the words "TAKE ONE" written in sewn letters on it.
The orange mare peered into the basket to find five pink invitations with golden seals, and each one said a different name. Not so surprisingly, they were all the names of Applejack's friends.
She rifled through the envelopes until she found the one with her name on it, then tore it open.
As Pinkie Pie watched her with wide eyes, she read the paper aloud.
"You are invited to a picnic lunch near the Everfree Forest to enjoy hay sandwiches, cold juice, and freshly baked cake. We really hope you can join us for best friend fun."
The earth mare looked up at her friend, who looked as if she was about to burst with happiness.
"What's the occasion?" Applejack questioned.
"Just because!!" the pink pony exclaimed, smiling from ear to ear. "So? Can you make it?!"
Applejack grinned at the cheerful mare.
"Ah wouldn't miss it!"
Pinkie Pie squealed and hugged her friend.
"WEEE! I'll see you there!" she yelled as she bounced away. "I've got more invites to deliver!"
The orange mare shook her head at the image of her friend leaving the farm.
"Typical Pinkie" she sighed as she trotted inside to eat breakfast.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Rarity's POV omniscient)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A pale unicorn lifted her sleeping mask to reveal a beautiful day happening outside her window.
She stretched, then got out of bed and walked over to a full length mirror.
Suddenly, she gasped in horror at her reflection.
"Good heavens!" Rarity shrieked. "My hair is even more horrendous then I imagined!"
The white mare levitated a diamond-encrusted hairbrush towards her and began to brush her royal purple mane furiously.
Suddenly, her morning ritual was interrupted by a yell from below.
"Rarity!!"
The unicorn sighed and placed the brush down, then went downstairs to the door.
She opened it to reveal a familiar pink mare, smiling as large as she possibly could.
"Hello, Pinkie Pie darling!" Rarity exclaimed. "Can I help you?"
"You can help by taking one of these!" Pinkie Pie giggled as she tipped her head down.
The white mare inclined her head towards the large basket hat nested in her friend's fluffy mane, then lifted her invitation towards her using her horn.
She ripped the seal and pulled the invitation paper out of the bright pink envelope, reading it silently.
When she removed it from her face, the pink earth mare stared at her intently, grinning from ear to ear.
"Well?! Are you coming?"
The unicorn smiled to herself.
"Of course, darling! You know a lady can't afford to miss out on one of Pinkie Pie's parties, now can she?"
The bubbly mare responded by squeezing her so hard, that Rarity felt as if she would burst.
"PERFECT!" she exclaimed. "Now all the others just need to come, and it'll be the BEST PICNIC EVER!"
Rarity sighed. "I'm sure it will be."