Chapter 1} Pearl Sea

POV: Tommy

Blue water, always filled with fish, never a day without it being bright. Welcome to the Pearl Sea. Where us Mermaids and Merman's live. We, Merman's are called that because in shore, we have the ability to turn human. Fully Mer people that are men are called Mermens.

Many people come, but never return back to land. Not that we hurt them. No, it's the ocean currents and the terrible weather storms around. We haven't gotten any ships in a while. But we do get a few pirates always trying to capture us and use us for their own wealth.

Sadly, my parents were unfortunate and had gotten captured. It's been quite lonely down in the Pearl Sea. That was until a faithful night as I sat on a rock along the shore of the sea, from the distance, I saw a ship, not just any ship, a pirate ship. I got scared and nervous. I had to hide. I quickly dove back into the water and swam to a hiding place.

I peaked out of the water however and saw the ship. There was many pirates drinking and dancing. But there was one man who had gotten my attention. A man with beautiful grey-blue eyes, a great and sharp jawline, a clean shave. He seemed to be the captain of the ship. My eyes glowed with a pink color. I had fallen in love.

Wait. What?! I fell in love with a pirate?! Let alone a human?! I panicked. But I couldn't look away from him. My heart pounded. I quickly submerged back into the water and I sighed with a smile. I placed a hand on my chest. "Is this was love feels like?" I asked myself. I smiled. I liked the feeling, no, I loved the feeling of love. It made me feel all warm inside. I sadly knew that the captain wouldn't notice me, never in a hundred years.

POV: Ranboo

My crew was dancing around the ship, drinking rum and beer. I dropped the anchor and we stopped the ship for the night. "Alright, gentlemen! Off to bed You lads go!" I announced. My crew saluted at me 'Aye yae Captain!' They all said in unison. They all threw the bottle of beer into the Sea. I frowned at the behavior. I didn't like that they did that.

Once they all went to bed, I got off the ship and walked along the shore line of the sea. I suddenly heard water splashing. I turned my head and examined the sea silent. The water splashed again and I saw a small red fin in the water. I gasped slightly.

Was it a Mermaid? Or perhaps a Merman? Either way, it would be a miracle to see one. I was quite sad that most pirates gaslight the mermaids to get them captured. I watched the water again closely.

Suddenly, I see it. I saw a beautiful and charming merman emerge from the water. He looked so pretty. I felt myself blushing and having this feeling in my heart, was it, love?

"Hello..." He said softly. "Hello there," I took off my hat and held it in my hand.

———-

This random idea popped in my head idk anymore