4 - Kyle: Worries

((SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN A WHILE SCHOOL'S STARTING IN LESS THEN A WEEK SO I'M GONNA BE SUPER BUSY!))

Stan didn't seem so lively today, he felt dull and a little lifeless. Something had happened and I was determined to find out what it was.

After school, I knocked on the door to Stan's house. His mom, Sharon, opened the door.

"Well hello, Kyle, come in. I assume you're looking for Stan?"

"Yes, ma'am"

"He's up in his room, I'll be down here if you need anything," his mom replied. I thanked her and ran off to Stan's bedroom. I could hear some loud noises. I knocked on the door.

"Come in," A tired Stan grumbled. I let myself in. I see two bottles, empty, next to him. He looks at me but doesn't say anything.

"Stan...?" I ask. He smiles at me.

"Yeah! That's my name, Stan. I forgot it."

Fuck. He was totally drunk. Dammit, Stan.

『••✎••』

Stan was whining. He was pissed I took his alcohol and threw it away. I thought he was getting better, but he was getting worse. Again. What the hell do I do now? Come on, Kyle, think! Think, dammit. There would be no universe I wouldn't try to get Stan to stop.

"You don't understand, Kyle!" Stan growled.

"I do, Stan! I'm trying to keep you safe!  I understand!"

"No the hell you don't," Stan hissed, standing up. "You don't know how stressed I am! You don't even know how good it feels to get some weight off my back!"

Stan was right, I didn't know how being drunk felt like. But it adds weight, doesn't take anything off. It makes it worse. But one thing for sure, I knew damn well how it felt to be stressed.

I sigh. I'm going to try a different approach because obviously arguing isn't going to help shit. Okay, okay...

An idea pops in my head. But it's not a good idea. It's awful. Risky, even.

"Stan," I finally say after a while of silence. He slowly looks up at me, still clearly upset about his alcohol and cigarettes.

"Maybe if I knew how it felt to be drunk... Or high, maybe we can both decide if you continue to do it... But like every month, or something."

I cringed as my explanation rolled off my tongue, but I was hoping Stan would understand what I meant. But he was drunk. And what I had just said made no sense at all.

"You... you wanna get drunk? With me?" Stan asked. I nod in reply.

"Great! Now if you'd just give me back my-"

"Not what I meant... Like I could stay over sometime soon?"

"Uhh... You- You're staying over this weekend... Right?"

I roll my eyes. I nod.

"Then you can stay over!"

"But we need to study for school-"

"Well fuck school, let's just drink and smoke and have fun!"

"Stan, no..."

"What's wrong with having fun?" Stan questioned. I didn't reply. He did have somewhat of a point. But it was the exams that had me worried. I have to pass. Or my mom will kill me. Well, I guess it's just like a 'test' to see how it feels. No harm.

『••✎••』

I woke up the next day, tired and drowsy. I look around, confused by my surroundings and what had happened the night before. The realization hit me like a train.

"Fuck."

Stan, sleeping beside me, woke up. He sat up straight and rubbed his eyes. He looked at me and blinked. Blink blink blink. He didn't say anything as he stared at me. The only noises were our breathing. Inhale, exhale. Stan, suddenly looks at me, confused.

"Kyle?" He asks. "What are you-"

"Stan, I fucked up," I groan, putting my face in my hands. How could I let this happen? Getting drunk? Getting high? What would my mom say?

"Kyle- What're you talking about?"

"Last night, Stan! Last night." Stan still seemed confused. He sat there, thinking. The realization hit him too.

"Oh. Yeah." Stan glanced around the room nervously. He grabbed my shoulders out of nowhere and looked into my soul.

"You can't tell anyone about this," He said. I nod. I wasn't gonna tell anyone anyways. Who needed to know? Just a secret. A best friend secret. A super-best friend secret. That only us two could know about. Not our parents, not even our pets. Something personal between us two. No one could ever know. Like that one time we stole candy from a store. We never told anyone. Not my mom, not his dad. Not Ike, not Shelly. It's a special kind of secret. Something me and Stan would always share.

『••✎••』

At school, Stan and I were careful. We barely talked to anyone, with the exception of each other. It was awkward at first, but we just had to suck it up. He was my super-best friend. But Stan did  have a significant other.

"Stan?" Wendy called from down the hall. Her midnight colored hair flowed downward. I have to admit, Wendy is really pretty. I mean, if you could get a look at her you'd agree. I'm not saying that because I like her or anything. She's just pretty. She's also lucky to be dating Stan- I mean whaa-?!  Who said that?!  It wasn't me... Yup! Totally.

Okay. I also have to admit I'm a little jealous of Wendy. But just a bit. I wonder what it's like to be able to hold Stan's hand in a romantic way. To go out on dates with him. But I also wonder what it's like to deal with him when he's drunk. I mean- not to brag or anything but I think I could deal with him pretty well.

"Hey Stan!" Wendy exclaimed, hugging Stan. He hugged her back. Cute couple. Me and Stan are cuter.

"Sorry, Wendy. Haven't been feeling good lately," Stan says to her.

"It's fine, Stan. I was wondering if you'd like to sit with me at lunch," She asked. I bit my lip.

"Oh- Yeah, sure!" Stan said.

"See you," Wendy called, walking down the hall.

I elbow him in the ribs, playfully.

"Kyle, I'm really sorry-"

"It's fine," I say.

But Stan's even more fine.

((I'M SO SOO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING THIS, NOBODY WAS READING IT SO I LEFT IT AND THEN SCHOOL STARTED SO I BARELY HAD TIME TO WORK ON THIS BUT I SWEAR I'LL HAVE CHAPTER 5 OUT SOONER!! I HOPE YA'LL ARE ENJOYING THIS!!! I WASN'T ABLE TO GET THE CHAPTER AS JUICY AS I WANTED IT TO BE I'M SORRY BUT I'LL GET WORKING ON CHAPTER 5 NOW!!!))