Cheated

Preeta was sitting quietly on the couch in the living room. She was all silent since she has returned back after a visit to some one's place.

" Preeta beta..kya huya ? "

Seeing her sitting this silently, her father came to her & asked taking a seat beside

But she said nothing , instead rested her head on her's father's shoulder.

" Preeta ? "

He asked again tensed , when he saw tears in his daughter's eyes.

" Dad , mai bhi kabse pooch rha hun par kuch bta hi nhi rahi hai , bas aise hi chup chap silent mode pay baithi huyi hain ! "

Ranbir , Preeta's elder brother came from behind & sat beside Preeta on the other side complaing about her sister's behavior to their father .

Preeta lifted her eyes looking at Ranbir & then at her father. Her eyes still moisted.

Flashback :

Preeta waited standing at the main door of apartment after ringing the door bell.

" Itna time ?! "

She glanced at her wristwatch when she got no response & was about to ring the bell again when the door opened.

" Good Morning ! "

She entered his apartment wishing him cheerfully with a wide happy smile on her face.

" Uh..Go..Good Morning ! "

He closing the door walked towards her & wished her with a smile but his voice was stammering & smile seemed to be fake as if he was hiding something.

She raised her brows at him looking at his such shocked expressions .

" A..achanak se yahan ? "

He asked .

" Surprise ! "

She smiled .

He looked here & there .

" Kya huya , surprise acha nhi lga ? "

She asked with making a sad face .

" Nahi toh boht acha lga mujhe k tum aayi "

He defended trying to smile brightly.

Preeta smiled back being convinced.

" Arey ruko ! "

She's was about to move further when he came in front of her blocking her way .

" kyun ? "

She asked confused.

" Kahan jaa rahi ho ? "

" Kitchen may paani peene ."

" Mai lai aata hun tum..tum baitho na come . "

He held her hand dragging her towards the living area.

" Arey - Areyy araam se mai khud baith jaati hun ! "

She shook her head at his actions & sat on the sofa while he went to kitchen to bring her some water.

" Here "

He came back & handed her a glass of water.

" Thank you "

She smiled holding the glass

While she was drinking water , his eyes were continuously looking towards his bedroom as if he was worried about something.

" Why are you continuously looking there ? Aur khade kyun ho baitho na "

Preeta asked keeping the glass on the table.

" Aik minute mai aya haan ! Kahi aur mat jaana mai abhi aata hun just a minute baby ! "

She made confused face hearing him & was about to say something when he already went from there.

" What even ?! "

She huffed & took out her mobile scrolling through some random app.

A few minutes later ,

" Kamaal h ! aik toh mai isey milne aayi hun aur yeh janab hain k kabse room may hain "

Here she was waiting for him but he has still not returned.

She stood up & thought.

" Rohit "

She called him but got no response.

" Should I go n check ? "

She thought & then moved towards his room .

She stood at the door of his room when he came out .

He was shocked.

" Aise expressions kyun de rahe ho ? "

She looked at him.

" Are you hiding something ? "

She tried to look back , probably into his room through the door that was slightly opened while he was trying his best to not to let her get any glimpse of inside.

She finally pushed him slightly & looked into the room.

Her eyes got widened in shock & betrayal .

She turned towards him & looked at him with disgust.

" Baby ais.."

He moved forward & tried to cup her face when a tight slap landed on his face.

She slapped him , she slapped him for cheating on her , for breaking her trust.
He just made a joke out of their friendship & relationship.

Here he was sleeping with some other girl telling her yesterday night that he's busy with his office work.

She controlled her tears , said nothing just turned around & left the place as soon as she could.

Present :

" Preeta bete , aap hi kehti thi k modren soch rakho aur maine aapki baat man li. Ab pta chla k mai kyun samjhata tha"

She looked at her father fidging her fingers .

" Beta Is umar may itni samajh nahi hoti k apna acha bura soch sako isiliye kabhi kabhi bado ki baat maan laitey hain "

Abhishek tried to make her understand politely.

" Ismay meri kya galti hai ? Us..usne cheat kiya na ! Aap..aap chalo mere sath uska maar maar k bhartha bna do ! "

She replied frustratedly.

" Ab yahi kaam reh gya mere paas ? "

Abhishek chuckled at such silly & childish demand of his daughter.

" Theek hai ! Phir mai bhi khaana nahi khaungi . "

Preeta took a cushion from beside & looked downwards at it placing it on her lap.

" Sabhi ladkiyon k papa marte hain aise ladko ko ! "

She stated.

" Ismay galti aapki hi hai beta . Yeh aap hi ki zid thi "

She pushed the cushion away standing up from there & left to her room.

" Preeta..."

Ranbir stood up to go behind her.

" Ruk ja Ranbir , wo abhi kuch nahi sunegi "

But was stopped by Abhishek to do so , having decided by him to give her time to cope up the situation.

He nodded at his father & then looked away being tensed.

.

.

.

Here done with the very first chapter of " TUM HI HO "

Do vote & pen down your reviews.

Thank you for reading 🤍