CHAPTER TWO

Hansel didn't cry when his mom died because he vividly remember what his mother told him: 'I would still remain beside you whatever happened.' At first, he didn't quite understand what she said. He simply didn't cry because he trusted her. When Hansel sat near her mother's coffin without moving an inch, feeling uncomfortable with the people passing in front of him and the confusing stares they gave, he started questioning why he was holding everything up when he was literally hurting. Then, he looked at the taller kid beside him, down to their intertwined hands, while the other moved his thumbs in a circular motion. It was as if a string tugged at Hansel's chest, connecting to their hands. Then he understood; this is how comforting works.

Hot liquid started to rolled down his cheeks, salty as it hit the corner of his mouth. Along with the heavy feeling, audible sniffles, and shaky shoulders, Hansel cried.

Like déjà vu, the comforting feeling that brought tears to his eyes as he walked along the bustling street is just like it was that day. The only difference is that it didn't ease the pain.

The other man who was left in the hotel, woke up alone with a mixture of feeling, but the only thing he was certain of was confusions as he roamed his eyes in the emptiness arround him, the sudden quietness made him feel abandoned.

          A crumpled paper landed on Hansel's desk, accompanied by the laughter of his classmates behind him. He stared at the paper for a good second, swiped it off, and continued writing the note that his instructor had written on the whiteboard, as if nothing had happened. He didn't mind, actually.

He had been through worse than this; he was used to it by now. The innocent freshman Hansel, who had prayed for at least a normal university student life, instead faced quite the opposite disaster.

How did it even start? Ah, yes. The sudden threats from everyone because of his androgynous beauty.