Blissful Summer

"This summer is hell." I declare while drifting in the pool on a wierd flamingo shaped floater and it was only the third day.

          Gunner Dawson, my best friend since childhood and also the hottest guy around, grunts absentmindedly, sitting on the side of the pool typing furiously on his phone. I float over to him to find him chatting with someone in a not-so-pleasant manner. He's usually a better friend than this but something must have happened.

          "Who are you talking to?" I ask him.

          "Cole." He utters a single word but I understand what is going on. Cole, Gunner's boyfriend,[did I mention that he in also gay?] and Gunner are having their usual "couple's fight" .

Gunner says having fights in a relationship kepps the relationship healthy which is utter bullshit cause no way fighting once a week keeps any relationship healthy.

          Someone would think having spent my whole life with Gunner would make me immune to this fights of his but that's seriously not the case.

          Every time they fight, the issue gets more petty like you posted a photo with someone that's not me? Let's fight.
You went to our cafe without me? (Even though he is the one who refused) Let's fight.
You went to class without wishing good morning? Let's fight.
You replied to my texts hours later? (Which in reality is only 5 mins) Let's fight.
You inhaled air without me? Let's fight and so on...

           They fight because they're just super possessive towards each other but they would never say it cause it makes them seem weak, again Gunner's words not mine.

          Leaving him to his chatting, I get out of the pool, watet dripping from my hairs and into my eyes. I grab a towel from the nearest sunlounger and dry myself while glancing around. The pool was located in the backside of the house which was as big as my whole house but the front of the house is even more magnificent. From the entrance gate the driveway is divided into a circle joining again at the large porch having a beautiful well-kept garden and a big fountain with night lights and everything at the centre of it.

          His house is Spanish-style with minimal embellishments and smooth stucco with arched doors. The inside of the house is something else. The modern interior designs have an elegant and sophisticated look with all white walls and all modern amenities completed with library, gym and den and everything you dream of having in your own house.

          Don't get me wrong, I love my house but his house never ceases to amaze me and I've been visiting this house since I was born.

          By the time I'm dry and changed, Gunner is out of the pool and is heading inside the house when I call him, "Hey, you wanna go into town?"

          He nods then says," I'll pick you up" and heads inside the house.

          I make my way towards the parking, yes, they had a freaking seperate parking,  where I parked my car and head towards my house.

          It's a five minute ride from his house to mine and fifteen minute walking but I'm too lazy to walk in this California heat especially when you leave near Shasta Lake, which is near Redding, the sunniest city in California.

         I reach home in record time and park the car in garage, fish out the key from the duffel bag and head inside the house locking the door behind me. I drop both the keys in the bowl on top of the shoe box on the right side of the door.

          I sigh loudly, my parents were off somewhere. Dad probably working and mom said she was going with her friends to catch-up.

           This year seriously has been hectic for her. I'm quite happy for her that she's finally out of the house apart from when she has to work. She's a college professor and she's quite dedicated to her work so she barely have time for herself.