Odessa Reed was calm. She had always found comfort in the stars above her. The stars were like her own little family, since she didn't have one she could call her own. However don't get it twisted, she did have parents. Yet they never cared for her, always being occupied with some idiocy. They were either hosting big events, or going on business "errands"every chance they got. As well as partying till four am on weekdays.

Either way, Odessa found trust in the bright, glittering jewels in the sky. Which were the main reason to her fangirling towards astronomy. She found it fascinating, how big the universe was. Although what struck her the most were the fact that she was stuck here, stuck here on this earth with no other escape then death.

Growing up as an only child weren't quite the ideal life for Odessa. She didn't have anyone to talk to, only nannies that came and went as the years passed. She didn't have anyone she could share her passions with, which were what she thought was the most depressing part of her life. Although she did have friends, maybe not real ones, but the usual toxic ones.

Odessa were born in Woodsboro in California. That's right, the-town-of-the-teenage-massacres. She lived there until reaching the age of ten, which were when her parents decided to move her to the upper west side of Manhattan, in New York City. Odessa weren't really sad that they were leaving, because living at the top floor of a five star apartment were actually pretty great for the dark haired girl. At least she got to fulfil her gossip girl dream. Up there in her room, she had a full view of the sky which were the most important part for the girl.

Her life was perfect. On paper of course. Wealthy parents - good grades - lots of friends - pretty. But none of that really mattered. Cause the crying girl sitting alone in the attic on sleepless nights, were only just striving for attention.

At least that was how her life used to look like. A couple of months ago she found out that her parents had been brutally killed by some unknown freak that had the urge to kill some 'wealthy folks' for fun. Even tho Odessa hated her parents, she still felt her heart shatter slightly. The NYPD had been up her ass for the past month, investigating the murders with no clue of the identity of the person who did it. Odessa were finally free to go, and got invited to stay with her aunt and uncle back in Woodsboro. She would also be attending school with they're daughter aka Odessa's cousin; Kirby Reed which Odessa actually got along pretty well with. Despite they're unalike personalities.

Odessa found herself in the backseat of her uncle Anthony's car. They arrived rather soon at the Reed household. Odessa paused the smiths, and unplugged her earplugs before getting out of the car. Almost immediately she was embraced into a big hug by her aunt Kimberly, who offered her apologies towards the seventeen year old. She also said a bunch of crap about how much her parents loved her and how she couldn't imagine what Odessa must have been going through. Odessa on the other hand had already zoned out by then, but still managed to bring a tight-lipped smile on to her face while replying with a thank you to the older woman.

Odessa took a step back. Luckily, Kirby wasn't as affectionate as her mom. So she only gave the the girl a side hug. "I'm sorry O, how have you been?"

"It's fine really, thanks Kirbs. You know how my parents were, so it's really not that depressing." Odessa almost whispered. Kirby gave her a reassuring nod in response.

"Come, I'll show you the guest room. Or I mean, your room now I guess."

"Yeah, sure." Odessa answered as she followed Kirby into the red painted house.

"I showed some pictures of you to my friends by the way, they're excited to meet you!" Kirby spoke up again, her eyes now wondering across the room were Odessa would be staying.

"Oh god no, please don't tell me you used some weird ass photo of me?" Kirby only smirked at this.
"No, of course not O." She began. "Charlie even said that you looked 'smoking hot' just to quote him." She continued while slightly mumbling the last part.

"Wait what?!" Odessa's brown eyes immediately looked up.

"Anyways, you still obsessed with the whole
space-fan-girl thingy?" Kirby layed down on the bed, Odessa doing the same. "Bitch of course, why wouldn't I be?"

"Odessa, you gotta be ready in 10!" Kirby announced from the other side of the hall. It was a little later since Odessa's arrival.

"Wait- why?"

"We're meeting up with my friends, at Charlie's place."

"Didn't you just say that he was annoying like five minutes ago?"

"Well yeah, but hello I'm not gonna let that stop me from watching halloween duh."

Odessa only shook her head. She putted on some light makeup and curled her eyelashes. If she was meeting Kirby's friends, she wanted to at least make a good impression. She wore some low waisted jeans with a basic t-shirt and a jeans jacket. She let her hair fall lose while taking on her adidas shoes, and got straight into Kirby's car.

The way to Charlie's house were surprisingly short. As Odessa made her way out of the car, Kirby did the same. Odessa were slightly behind Kirby which caused her to walk behind the blond haired girl. A knock on the door, a dark haired boy appeared at the door.

"Yeah Kirby just walk right in, don't bother to say hi or anything like that jeez" The boy muttered to himself, Kirby only walked further in leaving Odessa alone with the boy. Was this intentionally? As the boy looked outside again, he immediately made eye contact with Odessa who were laughing. Wow she looked even better in reality.

"Hi I'm Odessa, nice to meet you!" Odessa spoke up. However the boy only stood still in his place. Before he could respond, Kirby basically dragged her cousin along with her. While Odessa mouthed a sorry to the boy.

As the girls made their way in. Odessa introduced herself to everyone, it wasn't as awkward as she had thought it would be. Something she was indeed, very happy about. They all seemed to like her, especially some more than others. "So Odessa, didn't you like grow up here?" Robbie asked, catching Jill's and Olivia's attention.

"Yeah I did, I moved to New York when i was about ten"

"You're really out there living my dream, like girl I would sell my soul to get my 'gossip girl' dream fulfilled" Olivia commented. Odessa only laughed at this.

"Does anyone want anything to drink?" The boy Odessa had assumed were Charlie asked as he went down to the basement to grab some beers and sodas.
As he came back he handed the drinks to everyone and sat beside Odessa on the couch.

As the movie went on, Odessa could sense Charlie's eyes on her. She moved a little closer to him and leaned in-

"You're Charlie right?" She whispered.

"Yeah" He made eye contact with her, to find her already smiling at him.

"Pretty name, reminds me of Willy Wonka." He chuckled to himself, feeling slightly fluttered in response to her calling his name pretty. Why was he so found over this girl?

"Good observation." He responded while sipping of his soda. "Are you enjoying the movie?"

"I enjoy talking to you more."

a/n

Thank you so much for reading, sorry that this is not the best. English isn't my first language, hoping that I will improve over time! (Btw please give me some plot ideas, I have a plot in mind but I'm kind of unsure if I'm gonna use it lol)