chapter 11

"It's me Adhi, you're Jefi," Jenifer said to him, but he didn't respond.

Aadhi stared at her blankly, having no idea what had just happened or what she had said to him. She then opened the first button of her shirt, revealing a tattoo identical to the one on his right chest.

"We got this together, unakku yabagam illaya, Aadhi," she smiled at him. They had both gotten this tattoo before he left Mumbai.

("Don't you remember?")

They both were childhood sweethearts, but unfortunately, Adhi left her because his parents wanted to start a new life in his native country.

"Finally, my first love is back," she said, hugging him. He didn't hug her back. He felt it was not right to hug her for some unknown reason.

He was married, even though it was only for Avyan, but he didn't feel right about touching someone.

She broke the hug and watched him. She didn't seem to feel the same happiness as him.

"Why aren't you happy to see me?" she asked.

"No... It's not like that, I'm just surprised to see you"

She tiptoed over and left a peck on Adhi's left cheek. His eyes widened at her kiss.

"Thank god, you are still mine," she said, hugging him and placing her face on his chest. He couldn't feel anything... He wasn't happy or sad... He was in a dilemma!

_

"After doing the chores, Sam went to change her dress and pick up her additional blanket from the cupboard. As she was about to leave the room, Adhi stood in front of the door and put his hands on either side.

"Enga Pora"  He looked pissed off, and his eyes seemed to burn anything in front of them.

(Where are you going?)

"Thoonga" Sam said blankly.

(Sleep) 

"Enga poi thoonga pora?" He asked.

(Where are you going to sleep?)

"Engayo thoonguren ungalukku enna" She said, taking steps towards the door, but he blocked her way.

 (I'll sleep somewhere, what's it to you?) 

"Sleep here," he said sternly.

"No, it's okay. I will sleep in—" Before Sam could finish her words, she saw him place his hands on either side and march towards her, shutting the door behind him.

"Sam, sorry—" He began, but she cut him off.

"It's okay, brother. You said the truth, this is your house, and your things. Just treat me as a guest," her face stiffened when she referred to him as her brother.

"Don't call me brother, Sam," he said, annoyed.

"Apditha solluven brother, brother, brother," Sam said, looking at his face, which initially showed irritation at Sam's behavior, but within a second, it changed to a smirk.

"Appo naa unakku brother apti thana?" he said, making Sam walk backwards until her body hit the wall. She peered at him in bewilderment. She couldn't understand this man.

(Then am I your brother?)

"Enna panrenga," she stammered, her heart pounding.

("What are you doing?")

"Naa ethum pannamayea un heart beat inha varaikkum ketkuthu, Sam." It was an embarrassing moment for her. She turned to the side to avoid facing him.

(I haven't done anything, but I can hear your heartbeat until here.)

"Sollu, naa unakku brother ah?"   He put his hands on either side of the wall.

(Tell me, am I your brother?)

"Aama,"  lowered her gaze Sam was afraid to see his eyes.

(Yes)

"Ippo,"  He comes closer and makes less distance between us.

(Now)

"Aama,"   the blanket slipped out from my hand while I clutched the hem of my dress.

"Ippo,"  I'm on the verge of losing control. If he took one step forward I would faint in this place.

"Aama, nee bro-brother tha," Sam closed my eyes tightly.

 (Yes, you're my brother) 

"Atha nee en waist la kai vaikkama solliruntha nambiruppen, Sam,"  he whispered in her ears. His hot breath touched her neck. A shiver ran down her spine.

 (If you had not put your hand on my waist, I would believe Sam)

"Aadhi thalli ponga," Sam said, removing her hand from his waist, while Sam bit her lips nervously.

(Adhi move away)

"Thirumpa sollu," he said, his middle two fingers under her chin raising her head to make her look at him. She looked at him in a questioning way. He looked so hot in his office attire, and his messy hair was enough to captivate all the girls.

(Repeat that again)

"Enna vittu thalli ponganu sonnea," she said, lowering her gaze. She didn't have much strength to look at his piercing eyes.

(I said move away from me Adhi!)

"Athukku munnadi, Sam," her heart stopped beating when she felt his hand on her cheek.

"AADHII" yelled at him and placed her hand on his chest, attempting to push him, but he proved too strong. 

"Kaththatha" pressed his palm against her mouth, with one hand against the wall, creating only a few inches of space between them. She felt his warm breath on her forehead, her heart racing like in a marathon, its throbbing audible to him.  

"Sam" spoke in his husky tone, a feeling churned in her stomach, causing her to lift her eyebrows in surprise. 

As their eyes locked for a moment, he confessed, "I want to hold you like this forever." This declaration sent chills down her spine.

"But it's not correct," Sam said, following his gaze. He was looking at their picture, which was placed on the nightstand. He kissed her cheek while she closed her eyes; But his eyes fixed on Sam and that one picture was also taken by Sam. Sam felt like a betrayer in this place for enjoying his touch.

"It's wrong," Sam flinched in her place when he punched his fist on the wall.

"I HATE YOUR PRESENCE," he screamed at her, his eyes reflecting the hate he harbored in his heart.

"Why the heck did you come back into my life again?!" Sam's eyes dropped as he uttered venomous words against her. Adhi held her jaw between his hands and forced her to look at him.

"I hate you, Sam, the night you betrayed your own sister!" Sam's leg started to shake as she thought about that. He even blamed her for things she had never done before.

"I just fucking hate you!" Adhi screamed at her and stormed out after slamming the door. Sam closed her eyes when she heard a thud; Avyan stirred in his sleep. She thought he would cry, but he remained in a heavy sleep, peacefully resting.  

Sam squatted down in that place, despite her reluctance to cry, tears escaped involuntarily. Adhi had never cared about her in his lifetime.

"Me too, not yours but mine...."

Thanks to you guys!
Thee💗