SAANS [OS]

Vaapas aa jao, ek pal ke liye hi
Abhi to humne alvidaa bhi nahi kaha tha
Vaapas aa jao, ke aaj bhi
Ye dil dekhta hai tumhara raasta.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Dhruv???" Tara called out his name softly, waiting for a response, her heart beating loudly in her ears. Only to be met by silence once again. Silence that prickled her already broken heart like sharp darts.

"Dhruv??" She called out again - this time a little louder - her eyes frantically looking all around the place as she spoke in the hopes of seeing him once again, hoping to catch a sight of him apart from the dreams she saw, and against the reality she knew. Reality that screamed at her that her Dhruv was dead. That he would never return to her now. Never respond to her calls of him. That no matter how much she cries and yells, it will all answered by absolute stillness each time, as it was being answered now.

"Dhruv...?" She said again, her voice faltering and her throat choking a little bit more each time her calls were answered by silence.

Her beautiful eyes were filled with tears - as they had been since the last three weeks.

Three weeks.

Three weeks had passed since she had lost her Dhruv. And though her life had moved on, her heart was still stuck in that one moment her world had shattered.

"Chikitsak Doctor Dhruv...?" She called him again - this time with her own personal name for him, scanning the entire room for a hint of him. Silence.

Tara couldn't contain her tears anymore. Nor did she want to. And they started to fall freely down her cheeks, retracing the path of the previously dried ones only moments ago.

Her heart felt too shattered and heavy for her to carry. Dhruv... Her heart now called softly, her voice getting stuck in her throat.

'Tara!'

The word rang in her ears all of a sudden. Her heart somewhere felt a familiar warmth as she heard that, the memory made only weeks ago resurfacing to her mind.

'I love you!' Yelled Dhruv with all his might, wearing the scarlet kurta she had got for him.

'I love you, Tara!' He shouted again, holding her waist gently from behind her and lifting her up in the air. Tara giggled with happiness as he twirled her in the air, placing her hands affectionately on his secured around her. The long tresses of her silken hair falling to his face and gently brushing his neck.

'I love you!' Never before in her life had she felt so complete.

The memory gradually faded, leaving behind it the girl standing still like a mannequin, her hollow eyes looking all around her with dwindling hope, and an emptiness surrounding her at the loss of the warmth that the memory had provided her for mere seconds.

"Dhruv-" She spoke softly once again. "I...lovve you." Tara declared once again, trying her best to pronounce the alien words as best as she could.

She suddenly clutched her heavy necklace resting against her chest, wrapping her fingers around it tightly and holding it close to her heart, before she cried with all her might.

"Dhruv??" Yelled the Princess, shutting her lids tightly as she did so. "I lovve you!"

Tara gently lifted her lids. The idols of her Kanha Ji and Devi Radha stared at her, smiling.