Chapter 6-intrigued to meet you

Jacobi's P.O.V

I left for my office, leaving her alone for a while.

"You have your own office," I said.

"Yeah, but I like yours better," he said.

"James, get your feet off of my table."I scolded him.

"Come on Bro why do you have to be such a party pooper?"he said. I ignored him

"So how did it go with Dimitri?"

"I don't like that guy,"

"I know that's why I sm asking,seeing you are still alive. I'm guessing you didn't do anything stupid."

"He just handed her over all battered and bruised,said she was useless."

"Is she useless?"

"I think she is an innocent victim of a very dangerous fate. She has potential she can find her magic if she wants to."

"What makes you say that?"

"I couldn't read her mind,"

"Well, that's impossible. You are the mind reader of all humans and other supernatural lives,"

"I know, which means she has the power."

"But how come Dimitri couldn't find it? Isn't he some siphoning wierdo that steals others' magic?"

"I thought so too, but that isn't the case."

"Then what is?"

"Only she knows."

"Is she hot?"

"What... James, go find yourself a pet and keep your hands off of my stuff."

"Ohh, now I know she is hot. When we'll we meet her?"

"Tonight when everyone is here,"

**********************
Rosey's P.O.V
Roslind eating area

Everyone was seated all with the same pale skin, and the man was leading me down some stairs, and I could clearly tell he was worried I would fall again, so he kept me close to him. He paused and turned to me.

"This is a coterie gathering, and I will introduce you to everyone else, and for the entire night, I would appreciate it if you stay close to me."he said, and I nodded.

"What's your name?"he asked. We've been together for the whole day and I haven't said anything which explains why he doesn't know my name.

"Rosey," I whispered, hoping he would hear because I couldn't speak any louder than this my throat pained every time I tried to talk.

He nodded, and we continued down the stairs. Coming to view with everyone, my heart started to beat even faster. Now that I was closer, I could see some difference between all the people. Some of the people had pale skin and looked dead, but some actually looked young,vibrant, and alive, which made me feel paler.

"Careful love you growing pale," a young man said as he came over to us. He was also pale, and he was also a monster. But he looked younger.

"This is my brother James,"the man said, introducing the other one. I nodded.

"Is she mute?" James asked.

"No, and her name is Rosalina," the man said. I gasped at the fact he called me by my full name,no one has ever called me by my full name besides grandma because we share the same name.

"Hey, I knew a Rosalina once. She was smart,funny,and -"the man interrupted James, cutting the conversation short.

"James, not now," he said.

A couple walked towards us, and I could tell they were a couple because they were intertwined with each other, and they looked lovingly at each other. The lady had dirty blonde hair and green bright eyes,she was truly beautiful and stunning one a person would describe as a natural beauty. The man also looked young, but his features were so tense that you could actually tell he was non-living.

"This is Noah and Eddalyn Cervenka, and they are part of this coterie. Edda and Noah, this is Rosalinda. " I smiled shyly and waved.

I was dressed in a nice, simple black dress that was given to me by the man,I still don't know his name.

I was very much drawn to the guy. Noah, something about him was very rare, but you couldn't see it it was almost a feeling. His eyes landed on me, and they stayed on me for a while. A line of sweat covered my forehead... What is happening? I looked away from him immediately, and I started breathing heavily.

We all sat around the table, and I noticed that the monsters dat on the table whilst all the human looking people sat on smaller chairs beside each monster. But not all monsters had a tiny human next to them.

The man raised and tapped on his glass to call for attention.

"I, as the Master of this coterie, have news, we will have another life joining us."he stared at me.

"Rosalina Brooks will be part of this coterie as from today." Gasps passed around the room along with whispers. I was able to catch some of the hushed whispers.

"Is she human?" This seemed to be the most popular gossip going around the huge table,but another one caught me off guard.
"How could he invite a Brooks into our coterie? Does he wish death upon us?".

"I warn all that she is off-limits and anyone who dares to touch her or hurt her they will face the consequences," he finished.

I was shocked beyond surprise. What consequences? For touching me? Why was I being so protected?

After the meeting, everyone spread out and went about their business.

What is this?

****************************************
Hi lovies, here is a very long chapter, but anything for ya'll hope you enjoy, until next chapter. Peace.

P.S. Happy reading 📚 😊