5.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

With a groan, Y/N rolled over in her bed and looked at the blaring alarm clock. It read 5:01 am. Today was the day, the day they left to go to the Conjuring House. A shiver went down her spine at the thought. Tonight, they would be in that house, talking with spirits and demonic entities. To say the least, Y/N wasn't excited about it at all. Finally, she leaned over and put a stop to the alarm clock. Sitting up as she did so and putting a hand to her forehead. A low growl left her as her head started to throb with pain. She quickly maneuvered to grab the glass of water from her bedside table, as well as her packaged paracetamol. She popped out two tablets and placed them in her mouth, before downing the remaining water in the glass and standing up. A loud knock on the door surprised her, making her quickly move to the door and open it. There stood a grumpy, and tired-looking Colby. "Hey, I was just coming to make sure you were awake." He spoke in a tired and monotone voice. His hair was all messy and he only wore a pair of pants and no shirt. It took her a moment to see that he was looking her up and down, he only stopped when she noticed the way he was looking at her. After all, she was only wearing a short, silky night dress. 

"Well, uh. Yes, I'm awake Colby. Thank you for coming in to check on me." Y/N smiled sweetly. "I'm going to go shower and get changed so I'm comfortable for the plane." Colby nodded to her response and itched the back of his head in an awkward manner. With a sigh, Y/N shook her head and looked up to meet eyes with him. "Is there anything else you need, Colby?" He shook his head, and put his arms by his side, not averting eye contact from the smaller woman. Y/N parted her lips, trying to find something to say, but struggled to do so. To break them out of their trance, she closed her eyes and smiled, shaking her head while doing so. "Uh, sorry about that. I am actually going to go and get ready now. I'll see you when we're getting ready to leave in about 30 minutes?" She questioned, opening her eyes and looking back up to him. 

"Yes, sorry. We're leaving at six, so you have plenty of time." Colby responded. Y/N simply nodded, she watched as he turned on his heel and walked away. Once he was out of sight, she closed the door and turned to go prepare for the long day ahead of them.

.•° ✿ °•.

"Hey, guys! It's Sam and Colby here. As you can see, we're at the airport! We're joined by Jake, of course. And our lovely medium Y/N!" Sam spoke into the camera. Jake flexed his muscles when Sam panned the camera to him during his introduction and then panned it back to Y/N who smiled and waved at the camera when he did. 

"We're finally going to the one and only Conjuring House and I have to say, I'm very excited to see if it is as haunted as it's made out to be. And who would be better to help us confirm that, than a medium?" Colby spoke to the camera, a grin on his face as he spoke. Y/N could see by the cheeky grin on his face that he was actually excited to go on this trip to the haunted house. But she's had a bad feeling since the start that this wouldn't end well at all. But she quickly shook it off as a bad feeling and continued to be happy and buzzing for the camera. 

"Honestly, who decides to take a medium to one of the most demonic places in the world? Honestly sounds like you're trying to sign me up with a death wish." Sam quickly panned the camera to her when she started speaking, and once she was done, the three boys immediately erupted with laughter. She ended up joining in with the laughter, covering her mouth with her hand and allowing a small giggle to leave her.

"You're gonna be fine, I'm sure of it. After all, you have us manly men here to protect you." Jake responded, his typical cheeky smile on his face. He put his arms up and flexed them when he said the three were manly men. Colby did the same and Sam showed that on camera. Sam panned the camera to himself and flexed one of his arms and nodded with a grin on his face. This caused Y/N to laugh and roll her eyes at the three idiotic boys. 

"I feel a lot safer now, thank you boys. I really appreciate it." Y/N laughed, brushing her hair out of her face. Just as Sam went to speak once more, an announcement went off around the airport, saying the next flight to New York was ready to board. This caused the man to smile and raise his brows at everyone standing around him.

"That's us guys, you ready to get going?" He asked, turning off the camera and tucking it away into one of his bags. With a simple nod from everyone, they began to move to the sector they were meant to be in and boarded the plane. 

The plane ride was quite enjoyable. Y/N luckily got a window seat, she sat beside Colby, and Sam on the other side of Colby. The entire time they were giggling and laughing at something stupid that they had brought up about each other, or they were taking stupid photos together with their stupid Snapchat filters. Out of all the photos they had taken together, her favourite had to be the one with Y/N leaning on Colby's shoulder, smiling up at the camera, with Colby leaning his head on top of hers, and smiling at the camera. She would need to get Colby to send her that one, she absolutely loved it.

.•° ✿ °•.

Before no time, they had landed in New York and were headed to the house. The closer they got to the house, the more panic that set in. It was visible by her body features, her leg was bouncing up and down and her hands were fidgeting. But it all went unnoticed by everyone else, which she was honestly grateful for. Before they knew it they were out front of the house.

It was time.

.•° ✿ °•.

Word Count: 1098