CHAPTER 1

CHAPTER 1

A Soft light streamed through the stained glass windows, casting a colorful glow over the pastor's study.

The room is adorned with religious symbols and books, creating an atmosphere of reverence and contemplation.

A Pastor , a middle-aged man with a weary soul, sits at his desk, his face lined with deep thought.

The weight of humanity's sins surrounds the Pastor like a heavy fog.

He sifts through pages of scripture, his eyes scanning the words as they wrestle with his conscience.
Through the window, a cross stands tall and poignant, a constant reminder of Christ's sacrifice.

"How can we be so unworthy, yet so loved? How can we carry on sinning, knowing the pain it caused our Savior?" He whispered to himself.

His hands come together in a clasp, his brow furrowing with deep emotion.

He gazed upward. His eyes staring into the ceiling.
His eyes almost filled with tears.

"Lord, show me the way. In your wisdom, guide me towards a solution." He prayed in a low tone.

Suddenly, a thought wrestled it's way into the Pastor's mind, a radical idea that seemed both audacious and inspired.

"What if… What if I could travel back in time? What if I could prevent the crucifixion, spare Jesus from that fate?" He said to himself with a trembling voice.

It was as if his own brain couldn't believe the idea it had brought up.

He leaned back in his chair, thinking the idea over. The enormity of his proposition is almost overpowering.

"Could it be possible? Could I alter the course of history? Protect our Savior from that unspeakable suffering?". He contemplated.

The Pastor rose from his chair and paced the room, his steps heavy with the weight of his thoughts.

Books tumbled from shelves as he searched for answers, seeking guidance from the scriptures that surrounded him.

"If I could prevent the crucifixion, humanity would be saved from it's sins. We wouldn't have to bear the guilt of betraying our Savior." He said with a shakily voice.

As he was pondering over this absurd idea,  doubt and conflict consumed him. The magnitude of his decision loomed  over him.

"But is it my place? Am I toying with a plan that exceeds my understanding and power? Is it sacrilegious to tamper with the divine plan?" Pastor Matthew said.
A huge tone of anguish in his voice.

Tears filled Matthew's eyes as the weight of the world weighed heavily upon him. He fell to his knees, hands clasped in prayer.

"Lord please give me your guidance."

Suddenly, a blinding light filled the room, and a swirling portal materialised before Pastor Matthew.

He shielded his eyes, overwhelmed by the brilliance.

"What... What is this?" Pastor Matthew said looking amazed and horrified at the same time.

He stepped forward slowly, he saw an ethereal figure beckoning him from within the portal. It was an  Angel , radiating with divine light.

"Pastor Matthew, you have questioned the worth of humanity and the sacrifice of Christ. You shall be granted a chance to witness and alter history." The Angel said in a serene voice.

Pastor Matthew hesitated for a second , unsure of what layed ahead. But his curiosity and conviction compelled  him to step through the portal.

"SWOOOOSSHHH"