Chapter 1: First Date

March held a small pink clip between her fingers. She attached it to the last Polaroid she took and left it hanging on the thin string that adorned her wall. It featured her and Welt. Both were wearing party hats, symbolizing the latter's birthday.

She left only one knee on the bed and leaned back to gaze nostalgically at the photos. If she didn't appear with her friends, she appeared with her father. Or with the four of them. All of them illuminated by the orange colours of the sunset.

For as long as March could remember, Welt had always been a single father. She loved him. March had been grateful since he adopted her. She vowed she'd thank him someday when she grew up. And what better way than to carry out one of her crazy ideas behind his back? He couldn't find out! She had to play her cards discreetly. That day came. Yes sir.

She lay on the pink and blue sheets – Among the stuffed plushies and cushions. And she raised her arms to focus on her phone, psyching herself up for what would come next.

People always claimed March meddled where she wasn't supposed to. But when it came to the people she cared about most, she couldn't help it. She was already in her fourth year of college, and it was time for her father to get a boyfriend. Yes, a boyfriend.

Welt always gave her the excuse that March was already, platonically, all he could ever need. Talking about his last relationship was painful for him, so she never managed to get more information about it than she'd liked. But, according to him, he was over it! She thought, at least.

He only spoke of him as the love of his life, but that it had been a complicated relationship over the years – toxic, even. They didn't break up because death took care of separating them.

March did not know his name – nor his face. However, she knew he had blond hair and green eyes. Two pieces of information she kept a close eye on as she slid her finger across the phone screen.

It could, and could only, be that she had treacherously set up a Tinder profile for her father. Well, not could. It was what she had done. She let it simmer for a few hours, so people could see the profile.

Her master plan was to find a man with those physical attributes. A "green flag" who wasn't going to hurt her father like that other man did. A nice person who would share Welt's tastes and probably his life! It would be perfect – he deserved it.

March just wanted to make him happy. To make his father find love again... On a blind date! Without his knowing that it was a date, of course. At least until they would arrive – when March would say: "Hey Dad, I've found you a boyfriend. Good luck with him!" And she treacherously left.

And hey, there were numerous candidates! To her misfortune, few of them met the essential criteria. But, hey, her father was a real sweetie pie for men his age. Well, up to ten years younger and five years older, she remembered that one too! No men under forty nor in their sixties.

"Hmm, hmm~" March mused melodically. "You're not blond either.~"