chapter 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞.

ˢⁱⁿᶠᵘˡ ⁱⁿᶠᵃᵗᵘᵃᵗⁱᵒⁿ

໒꒰ྀི'🐍‧。⋆

[ the enchantress ]

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐛𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐲𝐞𝐝. Long streaks of what looked to be configured droplets of an unknown black substance were located around every pillar and wall.

At the sound of that distinctive metal clinking, you looked down at the ground, finding hundreds of bullet shells littering the floor. The gold ammo clinked under your boots, and you shared an uneasy glance with Floyd when he looked over his shoulder at you.

You ignored the undeniable figures that were either lying on the floor or were plastered against the white-tiled columns. From what you could see with a single glance before forcing your eyes away, there were both civilians and soldiers alike. 

"Your sister better be worth it," Deadshot muttered to Rick, who glanced over for only a moment.

"Man, I thought love was bullshit. Dead serious," the colonel confessed in a murmur. "Companionship, happiness, whatever. I mean, I get that, but actual love? I rated that with UFOs. Lot of believers, no proof." The pair shared a look for only a moment before they both glanced away. "My sister means the world to me."

"Do what you gotta do," Floyd nodded. "I got your back."

Suddenly, at the sound of voices, Flag and Deadshot looked behind them to find you and Harley. The latter was gagging, a streak of black coating both her tongue and finger, and you were too busy snickering to yourself to notice the eyes of a certain soldier.

"You- owe me-..." Harley covered her mouth as her cheeks puffed out, her eyes widening as she held back the vomit threatening to spill. "Five bucks."

"I was joking when I dared you to eat it," you chuckled, wiping a hand over one of the black gunk structures around the subway. "I mean, this shit is ancient. Probably not to be consumed."

"Maybe they should give it a label or somethin'," Harley shrugged, swiping a finger through her mouth to gather the sticky material in her mouth before grinning at you. You mockingly gagged, looking away when you found her teeth lined with what resembled to be black tar. 

"Maybe I should sign you up for a UFO search society," Floyd spoke through Rick's haze of watching you with a soft hue in his eyes, casting a side-long glance at him. "Love is starting to look pretty believable on your side."

About ten minutes later, you were finally through the subway and entering another sector which held a staircase that would lead you to the witch. 

You had began walking with Floyd when you both slowly merged with Diablo, who had been wandering alone.

"You gonna fight with us?" Deadshot questioned.

"What if I lose control?" the tattooed man asked.

"Then maybe we'll have a chance," you answered.

Yourself and the group turned a corner and you blinked rapidly at the sight of the white, pulsing beam come directly into view. Reaching over your shoulder, you took hold of your axe.