iv. Undecidead

IV. Undecidead
Isaiah.

▶• ılıılıılıılıılıılı.

News of Timothy's suicide did not allow Santa Lucia to breathe after Isaac's death, Sunday Velasco's disappearance, and the discovery of a corpse in the trash can.

One shock would have been challenging enough to handle, but three in such quick succession was overwhelming.

If we knew Timothy would do the deed, we would have asked everything yesterday.

The guy was sweating cold, and we didn't want people to think we were threatening a resident in broad daylight, so Koen let go of Timothy after his testament to Isaac and Sunday's relationship. Aside from that, what else was there to ask after he dropped the news?

Kahit nga ako hindi makapaniwala. Si Isaac, may jowa? Mamatay na lang siguro akong single.

I couldn't imagine how their relationship would work, given Isaac's intense hatred for her. Anong bebe-time nila? Bardagulan kung sinong unang makakakabisado ng DSM-V? Tapos kapag hindi si Isaac ang nanalo, ililibing sa daycare?

Aside from their incompatibility, would Mama accept Sunday for Isaac? Given their innate academic rival trope, would Mama be alright with the girl who always snatches awards meant for Isaac?

Kung mayaman lang siguro si Mama, baka gawin niya rin 'yong iconic scene na milyones, layuan mo lang ang anak ko. And if Mama were indeed against their relationship, the Isaac I knew would break up with Sunday immediately. Unless Isaac grew some balls that he now had the guts to disobey Mama without me knowing.

Burying her corpse because she did not agree to their breakup does not make sense. Unless, again, Sunday had something that would ruin Isaac.

Mas masakit pa sa ulo 'to kaysa sa naibagsak kong midterm ng Abnormal Psych.

"What if we have been looking at this case from the wrong angle?" Koen chewed the last bite of his hotdog sandwich and scribbled something on the filler.

Sipping my forty-two peso Hershey's dark chocolate coffee from my favorite go-to convenience store, I put down my pen and observed Koen's writing. He tried to draw a web, highlighting our essential discoveries. His lines were straight, pero pangit talaga ang sulat niya.

"We've only been doing this for three days." I chuckled. If only I don't have bills to pay when I return to Bulacan, I don't mind staying here for a year just to solve this case.

Three days since I chanced upon Isaac's journal. Three days and, we still had no concrete image of this case. The clues were also all over the place. I wasn't even sure if those clues made sense.

So far, we have: first, I chanced upon Isaac's journal. I read about Sunday's body buried in an abandoned daycare building, but it was another decaying body when I arrived. With a guilty conscience, we threw his body in the trash can.

Koen studied the journal and noted three names: Bryan, Allen, and Timothy. The latter killed himself after confessing Isaac and Sunday were in a relationship.

Mama's adverse reaction should also be noted. If her strong denial still wasn't enough indicator, I no longer know. I just wanted to return to a time when it was only my existence that I doubted.

Do any of those make sense? Only Isaac's dead body knows.

I just knew I dragged Koen into this mess. Kung mahuhuli man kaming dalawa, uunahan ko na si Koen at sasabihin sa pulis na tinakot ko lang siya.

"Every minute is crucial, Seyah. We do not know if Sunday is still alive and in danger. And even if she is dead, we must still hurry and find her corpse for her peace," Koen chided. His voice was calm and soft, resembling his features.