~catching feelings x jake sully~

hey guys, quick lil intro. the main character/you is named Aamari, she's a Ometkayina Na'vi and close friends with Neytiri, who doesn't have romantic feelings for jake. but when Neytiri brings in jake to the tribe she's tasked with showing him around the forest, which turns out to be more than she bargained for. 

storyline follows avatar 1, enjoy!

                                                                                                    ~

Aamari had never been one for romance.

But dear god when Jake Sully smiled at her she felt sure that her heart might just explode.

                                                                                           ~

The arrival of this new Na'vi had caused a rush of excitement in the Ometkayina clan. Curious whispers filled the quiet forest, eyes followed Jake wherever he walked. He was new, rare, and charming.

Neytiri, however, couldn't have been less pleased with him.

"He is nothing but a child," she had hissed, "loud, obnoxious, he knows not the ways of the forest."

Aamari laughed softly, Neytriri adored the forest to no end, and anyone who didn't share her love and intuition was often disregarded.

"I don't know 'Tiri, he seems charming, he has a way with words," she paused, "and I can tell he has a good heart."

Neytiri's ears perked up, "You like him?"

"I mean he's okay-"

"Great! You must show him the way of the forest, I have no patience for his noise."

Aamari knit her eyebrows, "But-"

"No but! Mother says I must show him but I would only end up murdering him, please!"

Aamari sighed and nodded slowly, "If you think it's best."

Neytiri nodded vigorously, "Best. Best ever. Go!"

Aamari stumbled as Neytiri shoved her in the direction of Jake. He sat on a large log at the edge of the clearing, trying to whittle a tree branch into a spear. His brow was furrowed in frustration as he continued to take chunks instead of slivers out of the wood.

Butterflies erupted in Aamari's stomach at the thought of talking to him, but she forced them back down. Not the time to be emotional.

"You want to push the knife away from you to get the best angle," she advised, sitting on the log next to him.

He jolted at the sound of her voice, causing his knife to slip and slice the side of his thumb.

"Shit," he muttered, sucking the wound.

Aamari's eyes widened, "No!" she tore his hand out of his mouth. "Don't do that! Na'vi saliva is poisonous!"

Jake stared at her in horror.

Aamari snorted, dropping his hand, "You take me too seriously Sully!"

Jake's face dropped with relief, "You mean Na'vi saliva isn't actually poisonous. You were just messing with me?"

"Messing with you," Aamari confirmed with a grin.

Jake chuckled, "Wow, and here I was thinking you guys didn't have a sense of humor."