Chapter Three

Waking up from what seemed like a hazy dream, Aphmau's mind struggled to piece together the events that had transpired. As her vision cleared, she found herself in the presence of an enigmatic figure—an old man, his appearance adorned with vibrant and flowing robes that exuded a sense of otherworldly magic.

The old man's robe, primarily in shades of blue and green, reflected his deep connection to nature and the mystical realm. The fabric itself was lightweight and shimmering, catching the light with every movement and creating an ethereal glow around him. Over the robe, he wore a cape crafted from an assortment of feathers, each one shimmering with a mix of earthy browns, warm oranges, and hints of vibrant blues and greens. The feathers cascaded down his back, swaying gracefully with each step he took, paying homage to his avian heritage.

Aphmau's gaze shifted upwards, drawn to the elaborate headdress that adorned the shaman's head. It was a masterpiece, a combination of feathers, beads, and natural elements meticulously arranged to create a stunning display. Feathers of various colors, shapes, and sizes tumbled down, framing the shaman's face and casting an aura of mystique. Within the headdress, small trinkets such as shells, stones, and leaves were interwoven, symbolizing the shaman's profound connection to the spirit world and the elements.

As Aphmau tried to make sense of her surroundings, a sense of weariness and resignation washed over her. "Why is it always me getting into these...?" she mused to herself, her thoughts filled with a mixture of amusement and exasperation. However, her curiosity got the better of her, and she mustered the courage to address the shaman before her. With a soft yet steady voice, she posed the question that lingered in her mind, "Who are you...?"

"Who am I?Who are you?" He said with an almost irritated voice as he looks at her."I'm Aphmau...And I was looking for that..red chicken!" She exclaims as she sets her eyes on the red chicken sitting beside him in a similar red seat as him."This red..chiken? Is this why you disturb my people?!"

"Y-Yes..wait there are your people?" Aphmau says as she looks around the room and sees a lot of chickens roaming around the room. "Yes, of course! Would you dare to steal my beloved Cradenza-Cadenza!" He fixes his words as he repeats the name in the correct matter this time."Uh-I wasen't trying to steal her! I was actually gonna take her back in town, with my friend! She's cursed."

"Oh. Cadenza is in a lot of trouble and it is because of me." He then explains the accident that had happened that made Cadenza turn into a red chicken.

"All that I know is that she's one of the candidates' daughters, and they've issued a search party for her. And what I'm trying to say is that I need to take her back," Aphmau explained earnestly, her words carrying a sense of urgency and determination.

The chicken shaman's voice softened, his words barely a whisper. "But I love her..." His voice trailed off, filled with a mix of longing and sadness. Aphmau, undeterred, posed a question to him. "Does she love you?" A hint of uncertainty flickered in the shaman's eyes. "I mean, she's a chicken right now, so I don't know."

Aphmau let out an awkward laugh, trying to break the tension. "So, what I'm seeing is that you're the chicken shaman, right?" The shaman's expression shifted, a mixture of offense and resignation crossing his features. "The chicken shaman?! I am the KING of chickens... But yes, people do call me the chicken shaman," he admitted, a touch of pride in his voice.

With the matter settled, Aphmau wasted no time in requesting the potion that could restore Mittens to her original size. The chicken shaman agreed, but on one condition: Aphmau had to build houses for his beloved chicken community. Aphmau, though slightly taken aback by the unexpected demand, quickly agreed to the task, understanding the importance of Mittens' restoration.