Chapter 1

"Y/N!" They hear their mother call from downstairs, as you blink back the sleep in your eyes and climb up steadily from bed, "come downstairs!"

They get up carefully and open the blinds, letting in a streak of cozy orange into their room, the sunlight dancing off of the furniture and into their heart.

"Nature is beautiful..." Y/N mumbled to themself, taking in the beauty of the morning, gleaming copper with excellence. They then continued out of their room and strolled gleefully along the corridor, greeting their Mum in the kitchen.

"Hi Mom, you ok?" Y/N asked, curious as to why they were called down at such an early time, "you want me to cook you breakfast?"

"Hiya sweetie, I just called you down to tell you I'm going on a business trip for the next couple of days and won't be in the house, is that ok? Also, I could never decline breakfast hun."

"Yes Mom, of course," Y/N began to prepare breakfast, choosing banana and tangerine pancakes to start the day. As they reached to grab the first ingredient, luscious and ripe oranges, their hands found a small but plump citrus lay a small distance away, perched cutely in the fruit bowl.

They removed their hand quickly and glanced at the citrus, which sat there beautifully, the ochre light from outside shining upon it. It was a fruit of glory, every inch of its fruity body bathed in a golden glow, allowing it to look both juicy and ripe.

"Oh my...." Y/N stood still, their eyes still drawn to the orange, their stomach now occupied with butterflies, "aren't you a sexy thing....?"

The orange seemed to be almost allowing this, the light making it seem more ripe by the second. Y/N knew it was wrong, an orange is just a fruit, yet there was something different about it, the citrusy scent arousing them further.

"And aren't you a sexy thing, darling?" A husky voice called out, calling to them. Y/N realised this question came from the orange itself, providing immediate romantic tension between them and the citrus.